• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gibben Megas Trilogy I

Share/Bookmark

Gibben Megas Trilogy I

Well, this piece was almost renamed to Itza Bichin Ichin because of my current vicious attack of hives! It is the first of a free (quite !!) fantasy on a familiar phrase, which may not be so easily recognized. I have used the pedal very extensively because the desired sonority demands it. The result is some blurring, which is the effect I wanted. The remainder of the work is still rattling around in my skull, and will eventually find its way here.

Gibben Megas Trilogy I

Richard

Re: Gibben Megas Trilogy I

Hello Richard;
    Thoroughly delightful and entertaining!! I look forward to the rest of your Gibben Megas Trilogy! BTW, where does the title come from, or what are you referencing with those words?
    As for the hives, refrain from eating strawberries, take some sort of antihistamine, if you can get the doc to write a script for 5% Betnovate (apply as directed), go for it!
    Best regards,
    sd cisco

Hi Richard. I enjoyed this immensely - this is one of my favorites of your piano works. I like the variety of ideas and textures.

I'm with sd in wondering what the title means. There are a few places that reminds me of the toiling of a clock which leads me to believe there is some sort of semi-programic nature to this.

One interesting observation - I had this repeat through a few times. The last chord seems to perfectly resolve into the first.
    Trent P. McDonald

"where does the title come from, or what are you referencing with those words?"

I plan to reveal this when the final part is available. (Just a little game for me.) I expect it will be noticed by then.

"which leads me to believe there is some sort of semi-programic nature to this."

Yes, quite so.

"The last chord seems to perfectly resolve into the first."

No accident, good observation!.

Hives: after nearly 16 years of trouble, I may have stumbled upon the root cause. There is only one allergen that I have discovered that seems to cover such a wide array of allergy problems that I have experienced. It is really difficult to isolate causes, and the doctors fail to solve the problem in about 70 % of the cases. I expect to have my own confirmation in a few more days or weeks.

Thanks to both of you for your observations!

Richard

Wow!

That's all.

PS I'm just speechless.
    www.williamwest.org

We are the makers of music and the dreamers of dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by William West View Post
    Wow!

That's all.

PS I'm just speechless.
    Well, thank you!

For anyone interested in seeing (or purchasing) the score:

Gibben Megas I (Piano)

The mp3 is also available there, but the original link to Box is still valid.

Richard

Richard

I listened to this when you first posted it and forgot to respond to it.

This is almost unrecognizable as a piece of yours. There is so much change in it.

This is easily the best piece I have heard from you, even outdoing your Organ works.

Well done

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

I somehow missed this earlier, Richard - Quite the listening experience, and after scanning the thread, I find myself wanting to wholeheartedly agree with what Ron said - I feel it's the most arresting and interesting thing I've probably ever heard from you. Maybe having the Hives brings you unexpected inspiration!

Randy

Go Back to forum