• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Grand 3 released

Share/Bookmark

The Grand 3 released

Steinberg's just released The Grand 3, and for me, that's pretty exciting since we, (SampleTekk Production), have recorded and edited the acoustic pianos.
    Recordings actually started in October 2007, so it has been a long journey to its release.
    We are extremely satisfied about the way the pianos turned out and I hope that our sounds, combined with Steinbergs technology will give you a piano that will be as inspiring to play and work with, as it was to record..
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Re: The Grand 3 released

This is good news. The Grand 2 was a pretty nice piano, rather under-rated and showing a great improvement in sound and playability over the first Grand.

With some Sampletekk samples, it will surely be worth a try.

I suppose it's proprietary information, but I'll ask anyway: What pianos did you sample for it, Worra? Steinberg have always been secretive about that, so I doubt you will want to answer.

Congratulations on the project!

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by lallis View Post
    This is good news. The Grand 2 was a pretty nice piano, rather under-rated and showing a great improvement in sound and playability over the first Grand.

With some Sampletekk samples, it will surely be worth a try.

I suppose it's proprietary information, but I'll ask anyway: What pianos did you sample for it, Worra? Steinberg have always been secretive about that, so I doubt you will want to answer.

Congratulations on the project!

Larry
    No problems with the pianos, it's on Steinbergs homepage...
    It's a Bosendorfer 290, a Steinway D and a Yamaha C7

The recordings where made exclusivly for Steinberg, so all new samples.
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Yes, I see the website now. Never heard of those pianos...they must be something new.

The CP80 and the Nordiska upright are slightly more original inclusions.
    I'm looking forward to hearing more of this thing. Thanks for the news
    and the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Worra View Post
    Steinberg's just released The Grand 3, and for me, that's pretty exciting since we, (SampleTekk Production), have recorded and edited the acoustic pianos.
    Recordings actually started in October 2007, so it has been a long journey to its release.
    We are extremely satisfied about the way the pianos turned out and I hope that our sounds, combined with Steinbergs technology will give you a piano that will be as inspiring to play and work with, as it was to record..
    That explains why you've been so quiet these past couple of years. You were on a big project!

Are there choices of mic positions in this release?

The demos sound quite good, but demos always do. The trick will be to get one's hands on it and see what it feels like. If it is better than Grand 2, as they insist in their video, it could be good enough.

Steinbergs claim it's "shipping" right now -- but the instrument will be available to customers sometime in August.

Quote Originally Posted by lallis View Post
    The demos sound quite good, but demos always do. The trick will be to get one's hands on it and see what it feels like. If it is better than Grand 2, as they insist in their video, it could be good enough.

Steinbergs claim it's "shipping" right now -- but the instrument will be available to customers sometime in August.
    We are very satisfied with the way it turned out. We have also had some major producers trying it out on some bigger productions and one comment was: "Finally a piano that works in the mix..." I think you will like it!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

I'd like to hear some more subtle demos of the acoustics. I like a very wide stereo image, very intimate, and I want to hear lots of sustain resonance swirling around my head.

Here's a recording of Carols Of The Bells which I really like:
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...74782&s=143460
    (Album: "In Search of the meaning of Christmas", Artist: Isadar)
    and I'd like to hear something like this.

Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by sullivang View Post
    I'd like to hear some more subtle demos of the acoustics. I like a very wide stereo image, very intimate, and I want to hear lots of sustain resonance swirling around my head.

Greg.
    Something like this:

Stella, Bosendorfer 290
    Stella, Steinway D
    Stella, Yamaha C7
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

I asked and I received - thanks.

Greg.

Go Back to forum