• Register
  • Help

Topic: Fluff - Remember the Day

Share/Bookmark

Fluff - Remember the Day

I have been slowly trying to re-master the recordings of some of my scores. I find that now that I know GPO a little better, my earlier pieces could use the newly acquired knowledge that was missing before.

The following is such a piece. At this point I do not know if I am on target or not. Some other ears would be helpful. I have listened until it all sounds the same. Nit picking will be just fine! Like if there is something at 39 seconds in that needs attention please do not hesitate to suggest it.

As always, had to add pics and such.
    Thank you in advance for listening and critiquing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNbrgIyYYyE
    www.williamwest.org

We are the makers of music and the dreamers of dreams.

Re: Fluff - Remember the Day

Hey William,

Sounds great to me! I honestly didn't hear anything "strange".
    A great recording, especially the strings.

M
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Such a great tribute to your parents - the "slide show" was very well done and the music fit perfectly. This had a very nostalgic feel to it. Well done all around.
    Trent P. McDonald

I'm impressed with how you got your strings to sound. Cool video too - the music goes well with it.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

William;
    A truly lovely creation and tribute to your parents, which in and of itself, speaks well of you! I listened and watched through once, carefully, as you can imagine, and then went back to 30 seconds in, to listen through the 39 second point. What you are hearing is the natural "taking a breath" portion of your melody; it breaks no laws or rules of taste or theory, in fact, I sailed right past it first time through. As well, you did a great job of "ferreting out", so to speak, the tone and style of the thing. Excellent demonstration of the scope and versatility of the GPO and beautiful as well! Thanks for sharing!

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Thank you so much for listening and giving me your thoughts. They are always helpful.

I am really having a great time with the GPO strings. To believe I have been missing out for so long.... GPO is the only library I use but I had always limited myself to the basic KS strings. I am now using all 3 key switches in each string section (Violin 1 KS, Short Bows AG KS, and Short Bows). It gets awfully confusing with all the different staffs in Finale but so worth it.

Thank you again to each of you!!!
    www.williamwest.org

ah now, William, that's really splendid. Excellent work all the way around - the composition, the recording, and your vid work with the stills. Love what you've done.

edit--But meant to say that you were much too modest in your subject line, "Fluff"---this is much deeper than fluff.

Randy

Thanks Randy!
    "Fluff" is my term for feel-good and my favorite genre of movie.

Slasher, Drama, and Horror films (and their music) scare me too much (I can't even sit through Lasie). And it is in that regard that I use the word "Fluff". Nothing dissonant or dramatic just soothing and fluffy.

Thank you for Listening!!!
    www.williamwest.org

Quote Originally Posted by William West View Post
    Thanks Randy!
    "Fluff" is my term for feel-good and my favorite genre of movie.

Slasher, Drama, and Horror films (and their music) scare me too much (I can't even sit through Lasie). And it is in that regard that I use the word "Fluff". Nothing dissonant or dramatic just soothing and fluffy.

Thank you for Listening!!!
    Ah! I see. Thanks for explaining - It's interesting how a word we're accustomed to using in one way can have a different connotation for someone else. "Fluff" to me describes entertainment which is shallow, phony, maybe falsely sentimental. Somewhat in the ballpark of what you're describing, but not the GOod 'feel good' stuff, the Crummy 'feel good' stuff. lol. I just mean I always use it derogatorily, and so read it that way in your subject line.

Hope more people catch this post - if this is "Fluff"--this is the Good Fluff.

Randy

Go Back to forum