• Register
  • Help

Topic: midsomer murders

Share/Bookmark

midsomer murders

Just wondering if anyone has been watching the Midsomer Murders British TV show. The composer, Jim Parker does quite an impressive job with his accompaniment and the use of what sounds like a theramin. And the sound quality is also great.

I always liked John Keane's work on CSI as well - who also uses Garritan libraries.
    Wider is better.

Re: midsomer murders

Quote Originally Posted by dominick View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has been watching the Midsomer Murders British TV show. The composer, Jim Parker does quite an impressive job with his accompaniment and the use of what sounds like a theramin. And the sound quality is also great.

I always liked John Keane's work on CSI as well - who also uses Garritan libraries.
    Well, I have seen every episode that has been available here. I think the music is good, and once I looked up and listened to the whole piece, which I enjoyed. It is well written.

The funeral business in Midsomer must really be big business!

Richard

My Aunt co - produced about 30 of them and then later became the consultant producer.

The music suits it and has remained fairly consistent throughout for years now. The main actor John Nettles is retiring after this series I believe ( or maybe the next).

I'm not sure, but Jim Parker may have written the theme to Mapp & Lucia and to me, that was a very nice piece of writing.

I'm not sure whether Jim Parker does most of the music. I know he did the main theme, but I once spoke with Derek Watkins, the trumpeter, who said he'd done underscore for quite a few episodes.
    David

The funeral business in Midsomer must really be big business!
    You might think its dangerous living over there. Its Murder living down here in the west country - he he

Derek - Further west than Somerset I'm glad to say
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Quote Originally Posted by buckshead View Post

Derek - Further west than Somerset I'm glad to say
    Very jealous!! I did my teacher training in Exmouth, and have been 'homesick' for Devon and Cornwall ever since. If ever I make a small fortune I'm moving there without a second thought.
    David

Go Back to forum