• Register
  • Help

Topic: Converting VSL Release Patches to Kontakt?

Share/Bookmark

Converting VSL Release Patches to Kontakt?

Hello,
    I've teamed up with a couple of other guys who also have the VSL Pro Edition and Performance set for Gigastudio. We're attempting to convert the whole library, by sharing the workload.

We seem to have got the legato patches working ok by using scripts. However the release patches don't seem to work at all in Kontakt, this seems to get lost during the conversion. So far I've tried CDExtract and the built in conversion tool in Kontakt.

Has anybody done this successfully? Or is it simply impossible? I was thinking of trying Chicken Systems translator, so have also e-mailed their support team and waiting to hear back. Perhaps this would work better? Any tips would be fantastic.

As a separate issue we don't seem to have a script that works for the Horizon Legato libraries yet either. Does this exist?

Re: Converting VSL Release Patches to Kontakt?

Ok, I only just found the following thread, so just to say apologies if the question I asked was already covered:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...t=49911&page=3

This seems to suggest all legatos and release samples CAN work, so I'm gonna try J's Ensemble Maker and see if it works. Otherwise I'll post back if it's not working.

Go Back to forum