• Register
  • Help

Topic: Tune 302

Share/Bookmark

Tune 302

Hi,
    It's been long time from my last post. This piece is similar to pieces I posted earlier and belongs to same collection. Same mood. Same instruments (GPO + Music Box). I couldn't wait for GPO 4. Another piece will be different. I changed my set up and that gave me new possibilities.
    Thank you.

Link for "Tune 302" is

http://www.box.net/shared/94xrrigg1b

www.glamator.com

Re: Tune 302

Very nice and very sad. I like the piano entrance and also the music box. I personally would have ended the piece with the entire group, including the piano, doing a thematic restatement. That would be a good 'balancing' factor, in my opinion.

Good job.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander View Post
    Very nice and very sad. I like the piano entrance and also the music box. I personally would have ended the piece with the entire group, including the piano, doing a thematic restatement. That would be a good 'balancing' factor, in my opinion.

Good job.

Regards,
    Thank you for listening and comments.
    First version was too long and I decided to make it shorter but when I made it shorter I noticed that piece is too short. Then I added Music Box. In fact, end is after piano part, Music Box is additional part and can be considered separete from rest of piece.

Hi there, Glamator - It seems like a Very long time indeed since we've heard from you. Thanks for posting again.

This is very pretty, reminding me of "Castle In the Clouds" from "Les Miserables." It's a Song, and seems like it's wanting lyrics. Any plans for that?

What does the title mean?

Your newest reply says the music box ending is to be considered separate - but it's a repeat of what just went before - it seems part of the same song, - ?

Thank you for coming back to the Listening Room.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hi there, Glamator - It seems like a Very long time indeed since we've heard from you. Thanks for posting again.

This is very pretty, reminding me of "Castle In the Clouds" from "Les Miserables." It's a Song, and seems like it's wanting lyrics. Any plans for that?

What does the title mean?

Your newest reply says the music box ending is to be considered separate - but it's a repeat of what just went before - it seems part of the same song, - ?

Thank you for coming back to the Listening Room.

Randy
    Thank you for your post.
    There are no plans with this piece. When I composed this tune I didn't think about words. I'm not sure that piece is suitable for words because in refrain are intervals which are not easy for singing.

I used to mark pieces with numbers (practical reasons). Titles of most pieces I've posted were added later and sometimes is difficult for me to find appropriate notation.

My answer was not clear. Piece can be considered as two versions of same tune or as one piece. Shorter or longer version.
    Thank you.

Go Back to forum