- Merged with Kontakt
- Extended memory addressing support for Mac (Memory Server)
- Performance enhancements: true multi-processor support, enhanced playback engine, "zero-memory" DFD
- Enhanced Kontakt Player library support including the Library Browser from KONTAKT PLAYER 2
- Restored compatibility under Mac OS X 10.5. (Leopard) and Pro Tools (7.4.2)
- Direct MIDI learn for sound parameter controls
- Kontakt Player is no longer a separate application from Kontakt. Instead it is a 'mode' of Kontakt 3. To open Kontakt Player as standalone or as plug-in, please start 'Kontakt 3' from the usual location.
- Owners of Kontakt 3 do not need to install Kontakt Player 3. Instead please update to Kontakt 3.5 from Service Center.
This version does not replace Kontakt Player 2. Each version can exist without affecting the other. Please migrate your host projects manually.