• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Kontakt Player 3.5.0 Is Up

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt Player 3.5.0 Is Up

What's New?

• Merged with Kontakt
    • Extended memory addressing support for Mac (Memory Server)
    • Performance enhancements: true multi-processor support, enhanced playback engine, "zero-memory" DFD
    • Enhanced Kontakt Player library support including the Library Browser from KONTAKT PLAYER 2
    • Restored compatibility under Mac OS X 10.5. (Leopard) and Pro Tools (7.4.2)
    • Direct MIDI learn for sound parameter controls
    Usage notes

• Kontakt Player is no longer a separate application from Kontakt. Instead it is a 'mode' of Kontakt 3. To open Kontakt Player as standalone or as plug-in, please start 'Kontakt 3' from the usual location.
    • Owners of Kontakt 3 do not need to install Kontakt Player 3. Instead please update to Kontakt 3.5 from Service Center.
    Installation notes

This version does not replace Kontakt Player 2. Each version can exist without affecting the other. Please migrate your host projects manually.

Re: Kontakt Player 3.5.0 Is Up

Workes great here!
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

I was one of the public "Beta Testers" for the full-version Kontakt 3.5 program. (There wasn't a working Kontakt Player 3.5 version in the works, to my knowledge.) The later Beta versions were working great for me as is the current full version of Kontakt 3.5.
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by efiebke View Post
    I was one of the public "Beta Testers" for the full-version Kontakt 3.5 program. (There wasn't a working Kontakt Player 3.5 version in the works, to my knowledge.) The later Beta versions were working great for me as is the current full version of Kontakt 3.5.
    But the last beta took houres to load my setup. On PC.

I see us all on 64bit daws, 64bit plugs and instruments. O what a wonderful feature to be able to load hundrets of instruments at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by germancomponist View Post
    O what a wonderful feature to be able to load hundrets of instruments at the same time!
    Name 100 different instruments and I'll buy you a beer

Raymond

Thanks for the info, sergiobklyn

I'm downloading the zip as I type. It's great that this doesn't replace KP2 - I feel safer jumping in to try it, since I won't be messed up if for some reason this new version doesn't work for me.

"Direct MIDI learn for sound parameter controls"

I'm curious if that's instead of the cumbersome way of assigning MIDI control to parameters in KP2? Will Garritan instruments be able to have their GUI controls moved by MIDI learn? Guess I'll find out!

Thanks again.
    Randy

Raymond,

in Windows 7 you can adress up to 192 GB ram! Now we have 2 or 4GB... .

This means, for example with GPO, you do not must stream the samples from your hard-drive. It`s all in the ram, means, no limitations to load all instruments at the same time. No glitching, errores a.s.o. ... .

Salut!

Best,

Gunther

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    "Direct MIDI learn for sound parameter controls"

I'm curious if that's instead of the cumbersome way of assigning MIDI control to parameters in KP2? Will Garritan instruments be able to have their GUI controls moved by MIDI learn? Guess I'll find out!

Thanks again.
    Randy
    Randy, I have it and it works fine, pretty fine. K 3.5 is the best sampler I have had from NI!

Best,

Gunther

As I see on the Native Instruments web site. This is not the Kontakt Player that is free or available to GPO users, rather it is an adjunct player to those who have bought Kontakt 3. The player that is still availble for GPO and JaBB was last updated in 2008.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    As I see on the Native Instruments web site. This is not the Kontakt Player that is free or available to GPO users, rather it is an adjunct player to those who have bought Kontakt 3. The player that is still availble for GPO and JaBB was last updated in 2008.
    Yes, and there will never come a new NI player version for Garritan libraries, because Gary has his new Aria. And I am sure Aria will go 64bit too, or perhaps it is...!

But, if you have got Kontakt 3.5 Sampler, there you can load all the Garritan libraries. Perhaps with some scripting bugs, as it was in Kontakt Sampler 3 too.... .

Gunther

Go Back to forum