• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New Kontakt-Player 3 aviable to download for Garritan libraries

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation New Kontakt-Player 3 aviable to download for Garritan libraries

Should all the owners of GPO who have not got the Kontakt Sampler download this new player, is it tested here, Gary?

I ask this question only because I know about the very much trouble in the past when there was a new Kontakt-Player version downloadable.

Best,

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Re: New Kontakt-Player 3 aviable to download for Garritan libraries

Hi Gunther -

I just used the Native-Instruments Service Center to check to see what new upgrade/update was available. The Kontakt-Player 3 did not show up. Maybe it is available for newer instrumental libraries. But no "Player" update was available for me.

Now. . . to be clear. . . It is my understanding that there is a distinction between the Kontakt-Player program and the full-working Kontakt program. It is my understanding that the full-working Kontakt program has more "bells and whistles" than the Kontakt-Player program; the "Player" is the water-down version of its parent program. I guess I seek clarification because if there exists a working Kontakt-Player 3 program available for download, I would like it! Is there a cost involved with the upgrade from the Kontakt-Player 2 to the Kontakt-Player 3???

I have the full-working Kontakt 3 program. So far, it's a solid program for me. I wouldn't mind the Kontakt-Player 3 program just because I'm a software geek! LOL!

Cheers!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

I see, this thread is from earlier today before the other thread on the same topic got so hopping.

By now we can see that KP3 works fine with Garritan Libraries for those of us who have been using KP2. The new version doesn't replace KP2 - it can be used side-by-side in a project with KP2.

The upgrade doesn't seem to appear in people's Service Center, as Ted said - But just a few minutes ago on the other thread, Ted and I exchanged messages about how the upgrade is available directly at the NI site on your account info page where all registered products are listed.

The difference between the player and the full Kontakt is that it is simply a Player, like KP2, while the full Kontakt is a full tilt sampler, with editing capabilities - users can create their own instruments.

I see from the NI info that people who already have the full Kontakt 3 don't need to do the upgrade for the player - that's my understanding.

Randy

The Kontakt 3 player is no longer a separate product from full blown Kontakt 3. Rather, NI has decided to just use the same code and turn off the features that would be associated with the full version. This makes sense to me as then there are not 2 code bases to deal with.

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Thanks, Kevin - The way Kontakt 3 and KP3 are combined is what confused me this morning when I thought KP3 would be just like the full Kontakt 3. For a few minutes there, it looked like that was the case, since I could load raw .wav files and edit them--then came the 30 minute time limit. Upgrade is needed to get all the editing features. So for those of us who don't have the full Kontakt, KP3 is a separate product - and an excellent advertisement for the full upgrade!

Randy

So, please correct me if I'm understanding the wrong way: if you have Kontakt 3.5 installed, there is no need to install Kontakt Player 3.5. Just click on the Library button in Kontakt, and you have the same functionality you had in KP before.

Paolo

That's right, Paolo - At NI it says people with the full Kontakt 3.5 have everything. The player isn't a separate product for those users.

Randy

Randy, thank you very much for claryfying. That's great, and makes things a bit more ordered in my disks.

Paolo

for those who are going to attempt to use K3 player with any Garritan libraries, it is extremely likely that the new K3 version will have broken a bunch of things with Garritan's libraries as all previous Kontakt updates did in the past.

Use K3 at your own risk.
    I prefer ARIA.
    Dan

I downloaded KP3 when Gunther first alerted us to its existence, and though I haven't used it extensively, I have used it and it worked great, a big step up from KP2.

Since only two Garritan Libraries are currently available in Aria, GPO and the Authorized Steinway, we still need a Kontakt Player.

I think this new one is a viable addition to our arsenals, and there's no risk involved in using it because it doesn't replace KP2. It becomes an alternative, so - no worries in trying it.

Randy

Go Back to forum