• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Gallop

Share/Bookmark

Gallop

Here's a song I've been working on that features the Steinway Basic, Solo Strad & Gofriller, as well as some other libraries and live percussion played by yours truly.

If you can't get the audio player to work let me know and I can post a direct link to the .mp3. It should work, but just in case.

Gallop
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Re: Gallop

That's great.

Could you please make it longer? that would make me very happy....and if I am very happy the world will be happy, otherwise it's going to be your fault.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

ha, i want the world to be happy. but more importantly i want YOU to be happy.

i've been super busy lately, so i have been a terrible listening room member. i thought i'd reintroduce myself with this piece - but believe me. it's not done.

what have you been up to lately? beer, guitar, being awesome?
    -Keith Fuller

---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

I have put up some new tracks but you will have to go back aways to find them. LOL

I have been working on a new track for the last 2 weeks....I am on my 13th rewrite and I'm still not happy. I want a certain feel and I just can't get it. My shrink always told me there would be days like this. Maybe it's time for the little blue pills.

I am using some Moogs now along with everything else.

Make sure you let me know when this one is finished, I really like it.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

Where can I buy this?
    string quartet (ˈstriŋ kwȯr-ˈtet) n. a good violinist, a bad violinist, an ex-violinist, and someone who hates violinists, all getting together to complain about composers

Hi, Keith - "Gallop" is wonderful! Such an easily flowing energy to it, and its simplicity weaves a very effective magic.

I'm Very glad to see you say on this thread that the piece isn't finished. It can easily be two, three, four times longer. Right now it ends a bit abruptly, I'm sure you know. This will really take the listener on a very worthwhile journey wants it's extended.

My friend, I'm going to encourage you again to be less apologetic in tone with the text on your site. Your introduction has a casual, un-edited Blog feel to it, and I feel that it's minimizing your own work -"Incredibly simple" "The final phrase ends right now with just the solo violin and cello accompanied by the piano for no other reason than it’s not finished" - those are examples.It may not be easy to sound more objective, to keep the intros simpler - but I really feel that even with an unfinished piece like this, it should just be presented - Here it is, folks. Maybe some details about the making of it if that's really important to you, but I think most listeners just want to Listen without thinking of all the things involved in the writing and recording of it.

Your site looks professional - I encourage you to develop a more professional style in your introductory texts - It'll help to impress your visitors more. - Hope you understand I'm meaning for this to be helpful advise.

Thanks for the beautiful music!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by DanielB View Post
    Where can I buy this?
    that is BY FAR the nicest thing anyone has ever asked me.

Randy,

I did listen what you said earlier and I agreed with 95% of what you said in the first email you sent me. I toned things down a lot since then and really tried to make it sound more confident and professional.

I think I should even change up my tone a little more, and I will. However, I like giving little descriptions about the songs. I want people to know where it's coming from and goal that I'm trying to achieve. Here, I was clearly aiming it towards a horse - but I thought a description about the drums was helpful. I'm also trying to show people reading it that I don't JUST use virtual instruments (not that there is anything wrong with that). For this post especially seeing as I'm posting it here in the forum.

I probably should get rid of the "it's not done" stuff. I did on most (maybe all of the rest of my posts on the site. And it's only been up and running for 2 weeks now, so nothing is set in stone.

As always, I appreciate your comments, and believe me when I say that I'm taking your advice.
    -Keith Fuller

---

Keith

This is such a good start on this.

I do hope you continue with it.

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

Keith,

A very nice piece. Really flowing and exciting.

Hope you continue this soon!

Dan.
    Trumpet, cornet, flugel player. Composer and student.

Quote Originally Posted by keithjfuller View Post
    Here's a song I've been working on that features the Steinway Basic, Solo Strad & Gofriller, as well as some other libraries and live percussion played by yours truly.

If you can't get the audio player to work let me know and I can post a direct link to the .mp3. It should work, but just in case.

Gallop
    Hi Keith;
    This piece, just like it is, contains all the ingredients you need to create a larger, more dynamic composition, if you want to go ahead and work it.
    Identify the themes which are present now.
    Imagine the themes in the most minimalist context you can conceive of.
    Now imagine the same themes in the most massive context you think appropriate for the given theme.
    Now, just fill in the blanks, that is, realize each theme in as many variations and sizes and even variations in tempo, as possible. then put it together to the best of your ability and patience. You have the talent to create and draw the themes out, to define them and lay down the tracks - and you have a quality set of voice libraries at your fingertips - please try this and see how it goes, and let me hear what you come up with.
    Best regards,
    sd cisco

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast