• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: That sexy Accordion gives me goosebumps everytime...

Share/Bookmark

Wink That sexy Accordion gives me goosebumps everytime...

Hi to all you lovely people here on NS!...

Its been such a long time since i posted one of my works using the lovely thing that is Garritan Jazz and Big Band...

Last time youve heard me make the saxes sing....And now its the accordion's turn...

I was feeling so inspired tonight after having some french bubbly...

Ive improved my technique quite alot if i may say so myself ...What can i say...i just love JABB....It's difficulty to achieve great realism makes me love it even more.. i love difficult instruments...

So before i bore you guys with my soppy essay, here is my new piece....my fiance said it sounds extremely realistic...I guess its cause i put some real effort into it and played with my emotion and not with my skill...

Here goes....

http://www.box.net/shared/j4ei1yn9mu

Re: That sexy Accordion gives me goosebumps everytime...

Hi, Heckler - Really fun stuff. Great use of the Accordion - and of all the JABB instruments in this. I agree, that Accordion is an under-used instrument in JABB. Glad to hear you doing this with it. Snazzy, sexy, very nice.

Randy

Thanx monsieur Randy! glad you enjoyed it!

Gary should really consider doing an accordion library....a french and a jazz one...there isn't plenty of them out there...and its a pity...

Ive just listened to your "Levitating" piece! Great work there! Stunning use of woodwinds as always!

Nice tune! Sounds realistic to me too, nice job! And congratulations on the engagement!

Rich Garber
    Living Waters Jazz

Heckler;
    I thought that was pretty cool too! I just wish you could make it last longer - it's such a groove - wants more, more, more!

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Quote Originally Posted by Heckler View Post
    ...Ive just listened to your "Levitating" piece! Great work there! Stunning use of woodwinds as always!...
    Thanks, Heckler - Now don't be shy--Go ahead and get your comment on the "Levitating" thread!

Randy

Had to make a quick change of gears from Randy's mystic India to sitting at a small table overlooking the Seine, staring into the eyes of a lovely lady as I sip my Champagne... You have a great sound on this and the accordion is perfect.
    Trent P. McDonald

TOO SHORT!!!

This is just an intro and the head!?!?! Where are the solos? The trading 4's.

When the accordion came in it did a nice little quote of Autumn Leaves, and boy did I love it.

What was the solo violin? The Solo Strad library? And man, the muted brass right near the end holding that chord brought chills- no joke. I replayed it like 5 times is a row. It almost sounding like trills. Was there a vibe below it there?

The rendering was beautiful. There was a point or two when the repeated piano chords sounded a little fake, but hardly. This was a great piece and a rendering to match.

Not enough jazz in this listening room.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Quote Originally Posted by keithjfuller View Post
    TOO SHORT!!!

This is just an intro and the head!?!?! Where are the solos? The trading 4's.

When the accordion came in it did a nice little quote of Autumn Leaves, and boy did I love it.

What was the solo violin? The Solo Strad library? And man, the muted brass right near the end holding that chord brought chills- no joke. I replayed it like 5 times is a row. It almost sounding like trills. Was there a vibe below it there?

The rendering was beautiful. There was a point or two when the repeated piano chords sounded a little fake, but hardly. This was a great piece and a rendering to match.

Not enough jazz in this listening room.
    Thanx Keith!...I started out using the Strad for it but i needed something smoother....so i turned to....wait for it...a violin soundfont...hehe...

That trill you here at the end is the accordion with a little bit of bite from the harmon muted trumpet...and given some "" by the tremolo on the vibraphone....
    Oh, and Short pieces are my trademark....and such a bad habit....i get bored with a tune pretty quickly for some reason...haha

I am usually not a fan of accordian music, but this fits so well that I was also wishing for more.

I think it's odd that you think JABB is difficult to make realistic. I think JABB is fairly easy in that respect.

Nicely done

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast