• Register
  • Help

Topic: TheSixtyOne.com - Great music site for finding excellent music and posting your own

Share/Bookmark

TheSixtyOne.com - Great music site for finding excellent music and posting your own

Hey guys,

I thought I'd pass along this great website that I was introduced to recently called www.thesixtyone.com. It's a site where musicians of every genre can post songs, compositions and everything in between - but there's a little twist that makes it different from websites like Myspace Music or Soundclick. If you sign up as an artist, you still have a profile page, but it isn't static - each song is entered into the sixtyone browser for other users to find. If they like it, they can give you a "heart," and your music moves up the charts. The more hearts it gets, the more people see it. Not only is it a fun little system, but it's a great tool for promotion and also for finding new music.

So, in addition to waiting for people to find your music on Myspace, Soundclick, or your personal website, you can put it out in a more active environment to help bolster interest. I personally use several sites, including my own, in conjunction to cover a wide listener base.

Of course, it's all free. I'd recommend making two accounts - An Artist account for posting your pieces and a Listener account for listening and finding new music - there's a lot of great stuff. As a listener you can gain reputation for "hearting" songs and "level up," helping to promote yourself and those you like to along the way. Anyways, I'll leave the rest for you guys to find out.

www.thesixtyone.com

EDIT: Also, if there's enough interest here from the forum, I can start a Garritan Group there to help with networking and getting our music out there.

Good luck in your musical endeavors!

Tyler

Re: TheSixtyOne.com - Great music site for finding excellent music and posting your o

Thanks for the link! Looks very interesting, I will definitely be exploring it.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Re: TheSixtyOne.com - Great music site for finding excellent music and posting your o

Thanks for this link. I'm always amazed at the amount of great music available on the web - and most of it free!
    Wider is better.

A GREAT site and a very good idea you have there!

M
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

It looks really good, Sonare - thanks. Much more attractive and something more inviting about it than some other sites. I'll have to see about joining in.

Randy

Thanx for this!!

Ive been looking for a site like this for some time!!!
    My fav artist is Curly Jefferson...Stunning music!

Here's my page....

http://www.thesixtyone.com/#/J0nathanAllan8912/

Go Back to forum