• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GS shipping

Share/Bookmark

GS shipping

Does anyone know when Gigastudio is shipping. I have already reserved and charged it to my credit card. Will it ship in April as promised. I have quit using GS because of my polyphony needs, so I am quite anxious. Thanks.

Re: GS shipping

I have the same concerns. Today is the 24th of April. There are only 6 days left in this month, and we still haven\'t heard a release date.

Is Gigastudio going to magically appear on my front porch on April 30th or is the magic fairy going to deliver it? Come on Nemesys, tell us how this is going to happen!! Will you contact us and arrange delivery and payment, or do we need to contact you? Like myself, a LOT of people have their name on the waiting list, but we still have NO idea when Gigastudio will be released or even HOW we will get it.

Imagine how much time NemeSys must be spending on the phone answering this question. Why not just post an anouncement?

Punda:

How did you manage to charge it to your credit card? I can find no place on the Nemesys web site to do such a thing. You can \"reserve\" a copy by filling out the email form, but I wasn\'t aware of any way to purchase it yet. Perhaps you went through a dealer? Just curious.

At any rate, I talked by phone to Sean at Nemesys in Austin just last week, and before I even asked, he volunteered that GigaStudio will be released and ready to ship on April 28. I wouldn\'t bet the farm on that, but it\'s at least something. He seemed pretty confident. I\'m sure the product has been in the can for some time now and is just being duplicated and shipped to the suppliers. In fact, there\'s probably a 1.1 patch already set to go that\'s just waiting on the general release

Peace,
    Tim http://www.elithic.com

Hi All
    Cool Dad I think your incorrect acording to what Nemesys told me about one issue. Although they did also tell me April 28th was the release date . To my suprise Shean told me that for the first month after the release ,giga studio will only be avalible through Nemesys. At that point I said that I was on a waiting list through Northern sounds.Then he reinterated the point and said that Nemesys is the only place to get giga studio for the first month after its release . So at that point I hung up the phone , then went to the Nemesys site and listed my name on the waiting list. see ya , Ken

There\'s no advantage to being on the waiting list. It\'s just so they can notify non registered users when GStudio is available.

Hello Ken and Cool7s_Dad. Are you positive it was sean who told you Gigastudio is to be released on the 28th. GigaStudio will be coming very soon but I wouldn\'t put an exact date on it.

We at Northern Sound source would also like everyone to know that we will be carrying the upgrade and we will also be giving away FREE Bigga Giggas CD\'s with these upgrades. (our way saying thanks for supporting this forum.) I\'m not sure how you arrived at northersounds getting it a month later Ken.
    everyone is more than welcome to get the upgrade from us or Nemesys, here are the links. http://216.141.25.229/GStudWait.htm http://www.northernsounds.com/form.html

I don\'t think it\'s a good idea to say the date is the 28th thats tomorrow.
    Let me say this again gigastudio will be released very soon (anytime now). I Don\'t want everyone putting there hopes on a specific date when there has been no official statement posted by Nemesys.
    Thanks again for your excellent input on this forum Cool7s_Dad and
    Kenn159

PaPa Chalk

[This message has been edited by PaPa Chalk (edited 04-27-2000).]

[This message has been edited by PaPa Chalk (edited 04-27-2000).]

Hi Papa:

If you\'ll reread my message you\'ll see that I said that I wouldn\'t bet the farm on the 28th... and I really didn\'t come up with that date anyway. Sean volunteered it without any prompting whatsoever. I\'m sorry if that results in confusion or in getting people\'s hopes up falsely, but it\'s really Nemesys\' responsibility, not mine. I\'m just reporting what I was told (that *is* what this message board is for after all, innit?)

AFAIC, it doesn\'t make any difference whether I get it this week or next week or even the week after. My main concern is to get it right, not get it fast.

It is too bad, though, that there is perhaps come misinformation concerning the availability of GS through Northernsounds. It sounds like you are offering a nice deal and I\'d hate to see your business hurt because someone at Nemesys doesn\'t have the story quite right. You guys do excellent work here, so I hope to have the opportunity to help you out.

Peace,
    Tim http://www.elithic.com

Oppps... No Solo Orchestral Brass ??

Thanks Papa.

The offer used to be for the first 50 to sign up. Now it IS worth while.

Go Back to forum