• Register
  • Help

Topic: Please help achieve this bass sound with Omni

Share/Bookmark

Please help achieve this bass sound with Omni

Hi,

I'm trying to get a similar bass sound to the one heard in song #8 "Do I have to Say The Words" from Bryan Adam's album "Waking up The Neighbors". The song is just brilliant from all aspects in my opinion.
    Now I'm pretty sure that the bass sound in the song is electronically made and not an electric bass guitar.
    I would like some assistance in getting a similar sound from Omni. I'm more of a preset guy so if anyone can help starting from a preset and changing some parameters to get close to that sound.

Thanks in advance.
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Re: Please help achieve this bass sound with Omni

Is it time already for a bump?
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Yairhol,

Sounds like it could be a real fretless bass. Dave Taylor is credited with playing bass on the song. I grew up in Vancouver and had dinner with Bryan Adams one night just after his first album came out. He had some minor success taking over as lead singer for a band called Sweeney Todd when Nick Gilder left for Hollywood. Bryan wrote most of his songs with Jim Vallance (see link below). he was a pretty nice guy, a bit cocky, but perhaps that what got him to where is (or was)

As far as acheiving the sound in Omnisphere, I don't think it contains any fretless bass patches. I'm sure Trillian will be perfect when it is released.

Good luck!

Darren

http://www.jimvallance.com/01-music-...do-i-have.html
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

What you hear is a bass guitar with some nice effects, (a touch of echo, some reverb and some phasing along with a EQ).
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

Thank you dpasdernick for that link. It's a great read.
    I'm sure you have to be cocky in order to make it in this business.

Thank you hippie. With that bass guitar on you and the long white beard I have a feeling that you know what you're talking about.

I'm waiting eagerly for Trilian.

Since Trilian will include all the Trilogy basses you can look forward to some really nice ones from that alone. The Jaco Fretless in Trilogy is still one of my all time favourite bass sounds. Its so lyrical and really speaks to me if you know what i mean. Very inspiring sound.

Go Back to forum