• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sam?

Share/Bookmark

Sam?

can somebody explain me in just a few words what SAM brass is and means?

Raymond

Re: Sam?

ProjectSAM is a sampling company that has Symphobia as its flag ship product (I think). It has some other libraries where you can get only brass or strings etc. These samples are considered top notch. As far as I understand, Garritan bought some of those brass samples and incorporates them in GPO4.
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Right, Yairhol - A quote from their website:

"...The ProjectSam Orchestral Brass Bundle consists of the most respected symphonic brass sample libraries on the sample market..."

And Raymond, here's the list of the Sam brass in GPO4:

HORN - Player 1 KS, Player 2 KS, Player 3 KS, Solo KS, Section KS

TRUMPET - same as horn plus Piccolo Trumpet solo KS

TROMBONES - same, plus Bass Solo KS

TUBA - Solo Tuba KS

All of them have a bold and brassy sound which makes them especially authentic sounding, and will really add oomph to any orchestration that needs dramatic brass work.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by yairhol View Post
    ProjectSAM is a sampling company that has Symphobia as its flag ship product (I think). It has some other libraries where you can get only brass or strings etc. These samples are considered top notch. As far as I understand, Garritan bought some of those brass samples and incorporates them in GPO4.
    Went to their website and had some reading to do. Nice to know.
    Thank you for this,

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    And Raymond, here's the list of the Sam brass in GPO4:

HORN - Player 1 KS, Player 2 KS, Player 3 KS, Solo KS, Section KS

TRUMPET - same as horn plus Piccolo Trumpet solo KS

TROMBONES - same, plus Bass Solo KS

TUBA - Solo Tuba KS
    Randy, thank you for this.

I'm sorry for asking but can you tell me what patches are included, are there long looped notes with scripted legato + staccato? And what articulations are available in the keyswitches, are the articulations also available as separate patches e.g. looped notes, staccato? Maybe a screenshot of a patch folder will help a lot if anyone is so kind.

Quote Originally Posted by mixolydian View Post
    Randy, thank you for this.

I'm sorry for asking but can you tell me what patches are included, are there long looped notes with scripted legato + staccato? And what articulations are available in the keyswitches, are the articulations also available as separate patches e.g. looped notes, staccato? Maybe a screenshot of a patch folder will help a lot if anyone is so kind.
    Hi, mixolydian - Thanks for your post. I thought maybe the list of SAM Brass I posted was invisible, since Raymond asked about the instruments but didn't respond.

You're asking what patches are included - everything in that list I posted. There aren't separate samples or articulations - The keyswitches for all the SAM instruments are for mutes.

A screenshot wouldn't tell you more - The entire instrument list is exactly as I posted previously.

Randy

Thank you, Randy. Just out of interest, does this mean you have one patch that fits long and short/staccato notes for every single brass instrument, and the attack is controlled with velocity?

Quote Originally Posted by mixolydian View Post
    Thank you, Randy. Just out of interest, does this mean you have one patch that fits long and short/staccato notes for every single brass instrument, and the attack is controlled with velocity?
    That's correct, mixolydian - attack is controlled with velocity, in the traditional GPO way, and one patch is what you have for all playing styles.

Randy

O.k., thanks again.

Go Back to forum