• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Aria outs and sonar

Share/Bookmark

Aria outs and sonar

I have some real wierd stuff going on with this player.

The first thing I did was set up an instance with a bunch of instruments. flutes are in midi channel 1 with the out in 1/2. Oboes midi 2, out 3/4....on up to 14 instruments so far.
    I have 4 different tracks going with the strings. Each has their own out starting around 16/17 and going up. Each of those outs in sonar has the bars going up and down as they are played. But the first out is also going up and down which is where the flutes are supposed to be. I solo each of the strings and they are playing thru the right out and also playing thru out 1/2.

I added an instance to a different project that was already set up for the old gpo. I added an instance of Aria and Sonar loaded tracks for all 16 outs. If I put an instrument in 1 - 16 of the outs, it plays in that out. If I go any higher than 16, it goes to out #1/2. Even though I have the outs displayed in Sonar, the instrument will not go to the correct out if the out is above 16.

????

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

Re: Aria outs and sonar

What I am saying here is that every instrument is playing thru the first out and the out I assigned it to.

So am I doing something wrong?

Ron

I think they are set as stereo outs, consequently outs 1-2 as one stereo out, 3-4 as the second stereo out etc.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Hi Raymond,
    In Sonar, if you are using the ARIA individual output pairs like Kontakt, just make sure that the ARIA player's volume fader in Sonar's mixing board is turned all the way down.

It would seem logical that if an instrument is routed to group (15-16), that it would not be heard in the main dedicated out put pair named (1-2). It sounds to me like ARIA is simultaneously routing all instruments to the main stereo out (1-2).

Dan

If I mute Out 1/2 then everything is as it should be and I hear each instrument in the correct out where they are routed. If I solo out 1/2, I hear every instrument that is loaded in the instance. So every instrument is being routed thru 1/2 and the out I select in Aria.

Also I cannot hear any of the SAM's Brass unless I hit play. I can move a cello note up and down in the piano view and hear it played at each note. All of the Sam's are silent until everything gets played.

The Timpani KS roll doesn't roll. I just get single hits. Everything I have tried on other KS patches seem to work.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN View Post
    Hi Raymond,
    In Sonar, if you are using the ARIA individual output pairs like Kontakt, just make sure that the ARIA player's volume fader in Sonar's mixing board is turned all the way down.

It would seem logical that if an instrument is routed to group (15-16), that it would not be heard in the main dedicated out put pair named (1-2). It sounds to me like ARIA is simultaneously routing all instruments to the main stereo out (1-2).

Dan

uhuhuhuh?! ..... just woke up, but this is NOT my message...... Good morning Dan

Raymond - the one from Holland

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN View Post
    ...In Sonar, if you are using the ARIA individual output pairs like Kontakt, just make sure that the ARIA player's volume fader in Sonar's mixing board is turned all the way down...
    Dan, I don't understand what you mean. If you turn the ARIA player's volume fader down in Sonar - you turn off the volume. - ? -

In the Sonar MIDI channels connected to the corresponding instruments in ARIA, when you move the faders, that moves the faders in ARIA.

Perhaps I've misunderstood your advice-?

Randy

hi
    In multi output setups, please dont use the built in reverb (ambiance) because its output (wet) is ONLY sent to first stereo out. This was a design decision.
    Multi output version of the player is meant so that people can use their preferred effects on each track in their DAW

We believe that is what you are experiencing.
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Thanks for this, David - Even though I was on the Beta team, this somehow didn't sink in - that the Ambience is routed only through the first stereo out.

Makes sense, yes, because most of us wanting multiple outs into our recording apps Do want to do signal processing inside those apps rather than bring wet signals in.

If someone for some reason really wanted to use Ambience and Aria's send pots, and pipe all that into an app like Sonar, they could just skip loading an instrument into slot 1 - reserving that as a bus with just reverb signal going in. I think that would work - In case someone wants to work that way.

Randy

David

That was it. As soon as I turned off the ambience in Aria, everything was right.

Any idea about the second half of my question.

I added an instance to a different project that was already set up for the old gpo. I added an instance of Aria and Sonar loaded tracks for all 16 outs. If I put an instrument in 1 - 16 of the outs, it plays in that out. If I go any higher than 16, it goes to out #1/2. Even though I have the outs displayed in Sonar, the instrument will not go to the correct out if the out is above 16.

I will see if turning off the ambience fixes that problem as well.

Ron

Go Back to forum