• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Aria GPO4: convolution?...get lost.

Share/Bookmark

Aria GPO4: convolution?...get lost.

The feature I was waiting most was integrated convolution engine.

What i read seems to describe more integrated digital Ambience reverb, with the stereo panning nice GUI.

May some expert/developer tell us more?

Is convolution a future upgrade? (one of the Gary's ghost projects announced centuries ago...)

thanks in advance for insight.

Unhappy Re: Aria GPO4: convolution?...get lost.

I've an EDIT!

...no nice GUI for stage panning in GPO4...

The digital parameters for stage positioning are available, but the nice virtual stage Graphic User Interface, for a quick positioning of instrument, is totally missing.

That was my stronger disappointment...

Re: Aria GPO4: convolution?...get lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    Hi, Fabio - I don't recall a convolution engine ever being mentioned in connection with Aria. You're correct that it's the Ambience reverb being used in Aria, which it looks like you know now that you apparently have downloaded the upgrade.

Randy

Exclamation Re: Aria GPO4: convolution?...get lost.

yes I did, and as I wrote in other post, I'm quite happy with the overall thing (excellent installation and registration support, clear and effective interface).

I'm not the kind of guy starting polemics, but I think that all the story is still in the web, just make some search and one can find out about both my complaints, the convolution and the virtual stage.

As I wrote in the GPO4 Review thread, it's my fault being not "updated" about actual features. But in the long history of Aria we had so much things listed that didn't appear in the actual version...

I would look at it in positive way: still space for improvement and some nice future update possible...LOL

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/2632.html

"...
    Custom Processing: Real-time morphing capabilities, high-order filters, convolution (for instrument body resonances and acoustic spaces), MIDI processing (for legato, anti-repetition, etc.), and custom DSP.
    ..."

Thanks for the follow-up, Fabio. I hadn't remembered the convolution announcement, but I do remember a post long ago with screen shots showing the 3-D stereo staging tool which was being developed for Aria.

Like you said - It means there's room for growth!

Randy

I asked about the virtual stage some time ago, remembering that there was talk of it years ago, and I was told that it was no longer part of the Aria project...seems a shame, but I like this interface...

Red face Re: Aria GPO4: convolution?...get lost.

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...truments+stage

This is the misleading old, veeeeery old, thread I had in mind.

I don't know if it was then intended to be ARIA or RealSpace, but as you may imagine, being the mock-up using orchestral instruments, i was thinking to GPO of course.

Well this technology is available in several products today (Altiverb, WiDi, Vienna MIR at my knowledge), but for sure at quite different price levels.

That's why I was dreaming of "something similar" for GPO, even because the sound of GPO in professional convolution reverbs like Altiverb (DP DAN being the absolute master of it..) is amazing.

Who knows...ARIA engine is designed to host tools like that. Now let's developers make it real and Gary's marketing magics make it affordable...

Maybe this is where the GigaPulse technologies are going to come in, at some point.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    Fabio, that is coming. We do have convolution (used in the Steinway) and now also the GigaPulse engine as Pingu pointed out. We are working on something special. Expect to see convolution in a future update.

My best,

Gary

Go Back to forum