• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Aria and Sibelius 5

Share/Bookmark

Aria and Sibelius 5

Hi guys,

I have Aria itself up and running, but I'm a little clueless trying to get it to replace Kontakt in Sibelius 5. Anyone done it?

Mark

Re: Aria and Sibelius 5

You'll have to create a manual soundset. It won't auto load instruments like Kontakt does. Sib 6 is supposed to support it but it doesn't work.

Hi Jon,

It's the autoload. I have manual soundsets working.

I made my own soundset but Sib6 will not recognize it because it's not recognizing the VST as ARIA. Sib reports it as a generic VST. I sent an email to Sam Butler today about it.

I'm sure they'll figure it out. "My" soundset is just the KP2 soundset modified. Garritan kept all the patch names the same, so it was pretty simple to edit. I just need to add the SAM Brass entries.

Question Re: Aria and Sibelius 5

Hello All,
    I can't figure out for the life of me how to get GPO4 and Sib5 to talk to each other - I'm basically new to GPO and the Sibelius help manual walkthrough on setting up manual soundsets was as clear as mud. Can anyone help?
    Thanks a million!!------
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by jjloving View Post
    Maybe it's a case of the engine running GPO being different than what the Steinway currently uses?

I don't have GPO ARIA yet but will be adding it this weekend...
    Hi, Jon - That's right, that's why you're able to have The Steinway auto-loading in Sib. That version of Aria used previously by The Steinway is totally different now. Once you do your GPO upgrade, the new Aria player will be loading both The Steinway and GPO.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by jjloving View Post
    They are aware of it though and will be updating the program so the autoload works with the new build. Until then, it's manual sound sets or Kontakt.
    To be clear, Sibelius 6 will be updated not Sibelius 5.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDavinci View Post
    Hi guys,

I have Aria itself up and running, but I'm a little clueless trying to get it to replace Kontakt in Sibelius 5. Anyone done it?

Mark
    On the other thread I signaled the problem of ARIA seen in Sibelius 5 but without GPO4 soundset. It sees all typical sounsets like GM or Yamaha but all that is basically useless if you want to use the notation soundset allowing the control of playback through normal musical notation (like pizz. or arco). I glued it to one of Gary Garritan responses with the hope someone will quickly reply, as having (not to mention buying) something better than KP2 but not being able to use it in the most rudimentary application is a bit unnerving. I really hope the answer will come quickly and that it will be something simple, not requiring laborious workarounds. My installation sits on MacPro, so at least no Windows impact.
    Witold

Quote Originally Posted by Whiz1116 View Post
    Hello All,
    I can't figure out for the life of me how to get GPO4 and Sib5 to talk to each other - I'm basically new to GPO and the Sibelius help manual walkthrough on setting up manual soundsets was as clear as mud. Can anyone help?
    Thanks a million!!------
    Russell
    I had the same problem, I have both an IMac and PC both SIb5 and 6. On the PC at first both Sib5+6 would not see the Aria player. Found this was a problem with the the vst dll files not being copied over. once copied into Sib both version worked fine.

The mac however is very different, before the snow leopard upgrade both version worked AFTER adding a new player option in the menus and the Aria player would appear in the listing and played the sounds. After Snow leopard though Sib5 works but Sib6 doesn't.

So if anyone knows from what/where the VST file on the mac in Aria need to be copied to in sib6 (i can only fine one directory with the name vst(in aria)this may be the problem if the plugins aren't copied like the pc version.

Lib
    LibiTiNa

Quote Originally Posted by libitina View Post
    I had the same problem, I have both an IMac and PC both SIb5 and 6. On the PC at first both Sib5+6 would not see the Aria player. Found this was a problem with the the vst dll files not being copied over. once copied into Sib both version worked fine.

The mac however is very different, before the snow leopard upgrade both version worked AFTER adding a new player option in the menus and the Aria player would appear in the listing and played the sounds. After Snow leopard though Sib5 works but Sib6 doesn't.

So if anyone knows from what/where the VST file on the mac in Aria need to be copied to in sib6 (i can only fine one directory with the name vst(in aria)this may be the problem if the plugins aren't copied like the pc version.

Lib
    Let me repeat my question: in Sibelius 5 on Mac could you play ARIA with GPO soundset or only with generic ones like GM or GM 2?
    Witold

Go Back to forum