• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Lucifer's Lullaby

Share/Bookmark

Legion's Lullaby

Just a quickie I did with my new toy.

All GPO 4. (The Brass are all Sam's).

Here it is ( Now called Legion's Lullaby)

http://www.box.net/shared/qvyiona6hx

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

Re: Lucifer's Lullaby

Ron
    I listened through with rapt attention. Let me tell you something. You are a film composer from planet-film composer! This music was so evocative, I began to fear where you might leave me at the end! Like who's standing behind the door, waiting for her to step into the room? But thankfully you rounded out the piece very nicely at the end and I did not come away feeling too "unsettled", which is a good thing. But so dramatic and lurid are your passages, no wonder you called it "Lucifer's Lullaby". Just real creative!!

Thank you!
    sd cisco

Ron, Big Huge Ditto to what Sd said. This sure doesn't sound like a "quickie"---You've done a great job, atmospheric and dramatic as all-get-out--I mean, YIKES!

Randy

SD

The whole time I was composing this, I kept getting more and more tired.

Probably because I downloaded GPO 4 last night and then started this one and stayed up too late working on it.

So today when I got back to it, the piece just had that Lullaby feel to it. I even looked up the definition of Lullaby and when I realized it was mostly supposed to be a song for a child, I knew I had to come up with something a little different. Hence the name.

Thanks

Randy

When I saw that you had posted in this thread, I went and listened to the piece again and knew something wasn't right. It finally dawned on me that I could barely hear the cellos. So I fixed that at least and uploaded that version. But now that I can hear the cellos, I hear a lot more that they can do. So as usual, I have posted a piece well before it is really ready, so I will tweak here and there for a while longer and then, of course, say

Randy...look at what I did!!!

Thanks again guys

Ron

Hi Ron,
    A lot of good ideas & sounds.
    For me, I would like a few areas of low register sounds & brief silence at key spots.
    Gary

Hey Ron,

Nice work! This has a really nice feel about it. Love the variation, that pizz bass is really nice with the moving parts on top, sounds really cool with those woodwinds. Sounds great. Cool! Nice work!! I love the way this ends.

Gary

I think what I am missing more than anything else in this one, is some more movement in the harmonies. Not so much in the B section as in the A.

Chris

I have this posted on another site as well and I have more comments on that pizz section than anything else. Some hate it and think it is too much pizz and others think it defines that section.

I haven't made up my mind yet, but it helps to know that you think it works well.

Thanks guys

Ron

Thumbs up Re: Lucifer's Lullaby

Nice production although perhaps using a wee bit more 'verb on the strings? Excellent use of the SAM brass I might add. Really like those crescendos and diminuendos.

Re: Legion's Lullaby

Ron,

As others have stated, this work is very impressive for such a "quickie".
    Enjoyed the beginning, but must admit, I really love the "wind and pizz." section. So more "classical"
    than previous works. I hope you would, maybe, expand on that section. Also your cadence chords are very lush and work well.

Much enjoyed.
    I may have overlooked the explanation, but why did you change the title?

M
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

I really liked this. As the others said, impressive for a "quicky".
    Trent P. McDonald

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast