Hello, everyone. First let me say what a good forum you all have here. It's a very helpful and supportive group. Good to see that on the internet.
I've never owned any copy of Garritan, but I'd really like to buy the new Personal Orchestra 4. I've seen the link to the download page and think $149 is a great price for such a wonderful-sounding orchestra.
But first, a few questions. I haven't seen these anywhere else, but I apologize if they've been asked and answered already.
1. To be clear, is the $149 price for the complete library? It's not an upgrade or anything like that? Just wanted to make sure.
2. Is GPO 4 only available as a download or can I buy a disc of it? If so, will the boxed version have a printed manual or only a PDF? To me, the only reason to buy a boxed set would be for a printed manual. (And I don't really need a printed manual, but without one, the download would be just fine.)
3. I'm still undecided on whether to buy Cubase 5 or Logic 9. They're both about the same price, but I like that Cubase will work on both my PC studio and my MacBook. Will the new GPO 4 work with Logic 9 without having to use one of those "Audio Wrappers?" If it only works with Cubase, then I have my answer as to which one of those programs to buy.
4. I read somewhere that I can install the Garritan library on both computers, provided I only use one at a time. Is that correct? I'd like to be able to transfer files back and forth, depending on whether I'm working at home or out of the studio.
5. Until I get Cubase 5, will GPO 4 work with Garageband?
That's all I can think of for now. Thanks so much for any answers you can give me.