• Register
  • Help

Topic: Aria Ambience

Share/Bookmark

Question Aria Ambience

That Ambience has no Effect on my imbalance.

Ah, say, have you heard any effect on that trumpet yet?
    Why no.
    Yes, well then how about on the flute.
    Nope.
    Hmm, I wonder how you get this ambience to work before some one has to call me an ambulance?
    Beats the heck out of me? Have ya tried asking?
    Yes ... let's ask.

How do you get the Effects to woik on da instruments?
    Styxx

Re: Aria Ambience

Hi Styxx -

On the "Mixer-Looking" page, try increasing the virtual send knob. It's the knob that sends signal to the 'verb effect (Ambience). It seems that all of the send knobs are set at "zero" (and no signal is sent).

Hope it works. . .

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Oh no - that's supposed to be one of the "intuitive" parts. Ted has that right - The first screen is your basic mixer, like all mixers both virtual and hardware, with Send knobs to Send how much signal you send out to the reverb unit.

Definitely a good design to have the Sends default to Zero. Using reverb needs to be totally in the control of the user. No predetermined Send amounts would be appropriate on sliders that are empty until you load instruments.

I really think this is going to combat one of the weakest aspects of many user recordings. Previously there's been far too many cases where reverb is sent at the same level to all instruments in a mix - yikes - This will clearly show people that every instrument can sit in the mix that's appropriate for it. Instantly more dimension will be showing up in people's projects.

I'm sure you have it now, Styxx. - um,--right?

Randy

I'm getting there.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum