• Register
  • Help

Topic: Impromptu for 2 pianos

Share/Bookmark

Impromptu for 2 pianos

Here's a short piece for 2 pianos (needing pianists with big hands )

Impromptu for 2 pianos

http://www.guybacos.com/audio/Improm...2%20pianos.mp3

Please leave your comments. Thanks for listening.

Guy
    http://www.guybacos.com/index.php

Piano: Vienna Imperial
    Mix: Vanessa Garde Luque

Re: Impromptu for 2 pianos

Loving the piece itself Guy!! Really, loving it. In fact I'd be begging for the score, but I don't have anyone to play it with.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    Loving the piece itself Guy!! Really, loving it. In fact I'd be begging for the score, but I don't have anyone to play it with.
    Thanks David, that's about the biggest compliment one can hope for!

I am very impressed, Guy!

I really enjoyed this! Please continue!

I think it would be awesome to sit in a studio and let you improve to a score.

Best,

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Guy, you keep shamelessly throwing these monstrosities into the world, uninhibited by any sense of decency or respect for good music. Presenting this with a depraved sense of achievement, to the public in this mutilated and violated shape − because that's what this is. This painfully amatureistic Bacos turd is an abomination to otherwise great piano music.

The arrogance to present this anemic effort in public as musically valid, and bask in the stupid applause of a spineless and musically ignorant crowd, that’s when things turn really perverse, in my opinion.

Just kidding, a little inside joke there...
    Nice playing of course Guy!
    Dan

Hmm! Where have I seen this before?

Cheers!

A nice romp in 12/8. (Well, about half in 12/8. ) I enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Thumbs up Re: Impromptu for 2 pianos

[QUOTE=DPDAN;626467]Guy,

The arrogance to present this anemic effort in public as musically valid, and bask in the stupid applause of a spineless and musically ignorant crowd, that’s when things turn really perverse, in my opinion.
    QUOTE]

LOL and LOL again....that's what I frequently think....OF MY SELF!

The piece is fine for the purpose of demoing piano sound, and is nice to listen. You may refine the audio mix for sure (for my taste it sounds sometime too metallic, I was even thinking to some strange phasing effect between resonances...but it's maybe my taste, or maybe I'm wrong).

Yeah, that's true. It's the strong attacks I think that triggers some harshness. I might of Equed it a bit too much on the highs.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander View Post
    A nice romp in 12/8. (Well, about half in 12/8. ) I enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.

Regards,
    I'm very impressed, wow, great ears! Actually if I'm not mistaken a side from the big chords and a couple of more ad lib phrases I think it's all in 12/8. The trem section is in 12/8 to make it more even, the main idea, descending phrase on the higher register also in 12/8 and of course the fast middle section in 12/8, the bass part does a sort of walking bass but in fast triplets with the octave above while on the upper part the accents keeps shifting on different parts of the triplet.

Glad you enjoyed it!

Go Back to forum