• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Scarbee J-Fingered 3 - demo song uploaded!

Share/Bookmark

Scarbee J-Fingered 3 - demo song uploaded!

Hi,

A new demosong from Scarbee J-Fingered has been uploaded today!

The J-Fingered 3 demo - neck-pick-up solo - features a double-tracked bass line
    in octaves and a moody bass solo with reverb.

As usual you can also listen to the bass track solo too.

Demo Created and produced by Scarbee.

cheers
    Scarbee

---------------------------------------
    Visit www.scarbee.com and check out the demoes from The Scarbee Bass Libraries

Re: Scarbee J-Fingered 3 - demo song uploaded!

wow,

if only i had the skills ...
    sounds really great
    What drums did you use..?

bart

Alright now Scarbee! Sounds like Bootsy baby! I take it you like P-Funk ? That is a funky demo man. The bass sounds great.
    \"KEEP THE FUNK ALIVE!\"

Scarbee, could you o into more detail: I don\'t really know what you mean by those trill features. Is it some kind of mono tyoe effect where you can PLAY the trill if you wish? (I\'m an Ensoniq EPS veteren, still hoping Gigastudio will someday employ mono glidelayer. Maestro tools comes close).

Thanks.

Hi Robert Kral:

If you mean the classical-type-of-trill used in the end of the solo it is made by a sustained-note succeded by a trill-tail (attack cut off). The reason why I have sliced the trill into a -tail is a bit of a Buddha-way-of thinking: A chain is not one long piece but several small parts. Sometimes it is cool to make a pull-off and then a trill. To do this I will do this:

Sustained note + legato (one note down)+ trill-tail.

If I didn\'t have the tail I would have to record the trill in many variations - and it would be very messy with MANY extra programs. When we eventually get more dimensions it will be natural to make huge updates with many new articulations

I once considered making a trill factory - where you can make your own trills in any tempo - but it is a lot of samples! ( 8 per key...) Maybe an update one day.

Thomas

[This message has been edited by SCARBEE (edited 10-18-2001).]

AWESOME Scarbee!!!

Loved the combi demo and loved also listening carefully to the soloed demos. Were the trills played or is that a short sampled trill?

I\'d also like to know what drums and strings you used.

Hi Robert an Bert!

Cool you like it.

The trill used in this demo is a trill-tail (hammer on/pull of)This can be combined with any sustained note or other tail. There is also a second trill which is a full sample made by buzzing forth and back over the fret.
    There is even a third trill which is made by using sustained/legato/legato.

The drums are made by combining loops from Metamorphosis, a drumbeat play live by one of my friends (who is NOT a drummer...)and some samples from Groove naster drums.

The strings are.... presets from Reason! (funny right!)

cheers

Thomas

\"A new demosong from Scarbee J-Fingered has been uploaded today!\"

Jeesh, more teasing! Will this now be a Christmas gift or something for Valentine\'s Day perhaps?

Originally posted by Munsie:
    Will this now be a Christmas gift or something for Valentine\'s Day perhaps?

I guess It will go to manufacturing next week. And shipping within a few weeks.

I believe that the \"J1-2-3 Expansion Pack 1\"
    will be my Christmas gift to registered users in december. More than 1200 free samples to add to your Scarbee Bass Libraries!

Scarbee

Hi Munsie,

Just heard a song by a rock group called \"Puddle of Mud\" - it sounded as something you like, right?

I think it sounded really cool...

cheers

Thomas

Go Back to forum