• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Where's the manual?

Share/Bookmark

Where's the manual?

Think I might regret asking this but here goes .....

Ummm .. where's the manual .. er .. please. That's the new GPO 4 Aria manual.

I've read that people have read the manual but it's not in my Garritan folder and I can't find it on the site.

Thanks.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Re: Where's the manual?

I found that the zip file didn't create a top level folder when I unzipped it, so that the manual, the .exe file and the 'getting started' pdf were all just loose on the drive I'd unipped it to, whilst the sample data was in a folder. You might want to have a hunt around at the root level of your drive.
    David

That was quick. Thanks David.

I've found the manuals, they are included in the download files. We just need to copy them manually to a folder on our hard drives.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Incidentally, I think the manual should be available as a separate download. I downloaded GPO at one location and wanted to read the manual elsewhere, only to discover that I would have had to download 1GB to get a 6.9MB pdf.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDavinci View Post
    Incidentally, I think the manual should be available as a separate download. I downloaded GPO at one location and wanted to read the manual elsewhere, only to discover that I would have had to download 1GB to get a 6.9MB pdf.
    I can understand that - but it would need to be behind password protection so that people with pirated copies dont get to download the manual....

I was looking for info on pianoteq 3 (want more harpsichords), and was shocked when my google search kept throwing up torrent sharing sites that had all sorts of stuff like GPO and pianoteq...it is just far too easy to access....

Quote Originally Posted by sakari.lindhen View Post
    I can understand that - but it would need to be behind password protection so that people with pirated copies dont get to download the manual....

I was looking for info on pianoteq 3 (want more harpsichords), and was shocked when my google search kept throwing up torrent sharing sites that had all sorts of stuff like GPO and pianoteq...it is just far too easy to access....
    I keep an eye on the torrent sites to see what appears and to date no ARIA based libraries have appeared or if they did had no Garritan content. Unfortunately the NI Kontakt protection system was cracked shortly after they started using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk View Post
    That was quick. Thanks David.

I've found the manuals, they are included in the download files. We just need to copy them manually to a folder on our hard drives.
    Argh! I still can't find the manual. What is its file name?

It's just called Personal_Orchestra_4_Manual.pdf

But the installer doesn't put it anywhere - it's just there in the zip download.
    David

Thank you, Pingu. It was exactly where it should have been. There are several interesting revelations contained within the text.

Perhaps we can also put the manual online like we did for the Steinway Basic. That may be helpful.

And also make an option to purchase a hard copy from a web publisher.

Gary

Go Back to forum