• Register
  • Help

Topic: Oh Aria..where are you?

Share/Bookmark

Oh Aria..where are you?

Hi fellow GPO4 adopters. I downloaded the upgrade last night and activated it using my kontakt player serial and all seemed fine. The download file inc. the GPO4 files but not the aria player files needed to host it. I have the Authorised Steinway and tried dragging the .png image file over it to authorise the GPO4 app but it wouldn't accept that so...
    where do I go to download the aria app and installer files please?
    What have I missed here? I searched the shop and this forum for a location of the missing files to no avail. I am sure that it is my error though so any pointers will be gratefully received.
    Slán

Re: Oh Aria..where are you?

Everything is included in the zip file, ARIA player, samples, manual etc.

Seems like something's gone wrong with the installer. I'd try installing from scratch again accepting all the default settings.

Are you on a PC or a Mac?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Monaghan View Post
    Everything is included in the zip file, ARIA player, samples, manual etc.

Seems like something's gone wrong with the installer. I'd try installing from scratch again accepting all the default settings.

Are you on a PC or a Mac?
    Thanks for the prompt reply. Interestingly, the zipped folder contained a file with a "mac" prefix though I am using a PC. I have just tried to re-extract the files in the zipped folder and it has alread given me a windows installer so I will copy all the files over onto my audio partition and have another go. Thanks for pointing me to a solution - will update this thread later on.

Just another thought, use a utility like WinZip to unpack the file, Windows' 'built in' archiver doesn't cope well with files like these and some files may not get unpacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Monaghan View Post
    Just another thought, use a utility like WinZip to unpack the file, Windows' 'built in' archiver doesn't cope well with files like these and some files may not get unpacked.
    Great stuff! The newly extracted files worked first time and I have spent a little time demoing the sounds using my wind controller. Oh my goodness - they sound great. Like the auto legato mode a lot, no messing around with a pedal while playing. SAM brass sound really good on first lesson. Interface is easy to navigate - haven't looked at the manual yet. Can't get my Steinway samples to load - get an error stating that the audio files can't be located but the effects page has the settings that were in the standalone player. Can I use the steinway via Aria itself and how do I direct the player to the sample folders?
    Anyways, that may have to be for another day. I have some work to be getting on with!!
    THanks again Tony.

Hi, Slavedave - Nice to read through this thread and see that it turned out to be a success story. Good ol Tony to the rescue again!

But you asked, "... Can I use the Steinway via Aria itself and how do I direct the player to the sample folders?..."

Yes, definitely - the Steinway was the first Garritan Library to use Aria, albeit an earlier version. Now with GPO4/Aria, the two Libraries should be available in the same player, and of course the other Garritan Libraries are to follow in the "Ariazation" process.

When you click a slot to load instruments, one of the choices in the pop-up menu should be Steinway, with the choice of GPO listed below it.

If you're not seeing your Steinway in that menu, I suspect that you haven't upgraded the piano to its newest version. Dang - I should have come with the link to that - Well, that upgrade should be available to you at the same Garritan.biz site, if you don't have that already.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hi, Slavedave - Nice to read through this thread and see that it turned out to be a success story. Good ol Tony to the rescue again!

But you asked, "... Can I use the Steinway via Aria itself and how do I direct the player to the sample folders?..."

Yes, definitely - the Steinway was the first Garritan Library to use Aria, albeit an earlier version. Now with GPO4/Aria, the two Libraries should be available in the same player, and of course the other Garritan Libraries are to follow in the "Ariazation" process.

When you click a slot to load instruments, one of the choices in the pop-up menu should be Steinway, with the choice of GPO listed below it.

If you're not seeing your Steinway in that menu, I suspect that you haven't upgraded the piano to its newest version. Dang - I should have come with the link to that - Well, that upgrade should be available to you at the same Garritan.biz site, if you don't have that already.

Randy
    Thanks Randy. The solution was easy and embarassing! I had forgotten to attach the external dive that houses my steinway samples I keep them on a seperate drive at the moment but will probably nigrate them onto the partition where all my samples are on the lappie drive. Once I connected it, the piano was there to play (interesting with a wind controller!).
    Nice one.

Go Back to forum