• Register
  • Help

Topic: Upgrade issue?

Share/Bookmark

Question Upgrade issue?

Hello, everyone.

I just saw the GPO4 marquee on the Garritan home page and got really excited. I have the full GPO with the Kontakt player. Here's the problem that I have: when I went to the order page and plugged in the serial number that is pasted on my FULL GPO PACKAGE, it says the serial number is invalid. I even went to the Native Instruments registration page and got my upgrade serial for KP2 and tried it to no avail.

I'm sure there is a simple explanation - like maybe I'm just stupid or something.

Anyone else have this issue?

Later the same day...

Okay, so I guess the explanation is that I am just stupid or something. After entering the same serial number in the coupon space on the upgrade order page about ten times, it worked. It wasn't a typo since I copied and pasted from the Native Instruments registrations page. But no worries - it works now!
    Last edited by pmreaves; 07-31-2009 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Seems to have corrected itself

Re: Upgrade issue?

Its been a common issue and other threads do address this. In short:

• DON'T try to register your existing GPO in the first place
    • DO go straight to the downloads to download your ARIA update and act as if you are entitled to that download
    • when you are about to download, then it will ask for your serial number at that point.
    At this point note you might have two serial numbers - one inside the Manual/CD case when you bought GPO and one for the KP2 Kontakt player. The latter number can be gotten from your NI services centre. There is some debate about which one works, so try the KP2 one first (that's the one that worked for me).

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by L0W View Post
    Its been a common issue and other threads do address this. In short:

• DON'T try to register your existing GPO in the first place
    • DO go straight to the downloads to download your ARIA update and act as if you are entitled to that download
    • when you are about to download, then it will ask for your serial number at that point.

At this point note you might have two serial numbers - one inside the Manual/CD case when you bought GPO and one for the KP2 Kontakt player. The latter number can be gotten from your NI services centre. There is some debate about which one works, so try the KP2 one first (that's the one that worked for me).

Good luck.

Thanks for the help. I didn't try your method first. I finally thought of trying the KP2 serial but at first it didn't work either. After about the tenth time of copying and pasting it worked.

I think I'll go back and try your way rather than continue down my road - I'd rather listen to the voice of experience.

Many, many thanks.

I had the exact same problem - I tried several times with both KP serial #'s I have...gave up, sent a support request....just tried again and it is now downloading. Odd.

Also, the order page did not like my Amex card...and I know that's good! I got around that one by using my paypal acc't that just goes to the Amex card anyway....

Go Back to forum