• Register
  • Help

Topic: Please Cpmment on These Mixes

Please Cpmment on These Mixes

Please give these mixes a listen and tell me which is better. The same sequence is used in each.

Pick Up Sticks

Pick Up Sticks b

I'm trying to figure out how the bus and sends work in Vienna Ensemble and I think I've made some progress.

Let me know which mix is superior and why you think so. Thanks.

Re: Please Cpmment on These Mixes

I like the second one, because it's clearer and the instruments "hit" you from the mix, they're more present (less reverb).

But, it's also a matter of taste - it depends where this will go. If it will be for a film, then the picture decides how it should sound, too. The first version is also nice and I think the mood is different. It's softer and feels more sneakier in some funny way. A bit comic in genre (in a good way).

So I'd say the first one would be better for some film or animation (I was watching the add at the top of the NS forum where there's some bull in the flash-banner - fits perfectly... and the second one is more for stand-alone use.

This is what I think.
    Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
    My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
    Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz

Re: Please Comment on These Mixes

Thanks karvasika.

I think I prefer the second one too.

Thanks for your thoughtful comments. I didn't even think of this piece in terms of a genre, but given what you've said it may lend itself to some cartoons or animation.

I'm still trying to get a handle on the routing and signal path possibilities in Vienna Ensemble. Each of these sound much better than any of my earlier mixes.

Go Back to forum