• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Moving GPO Sound data to another drive

Share/Bookmark

Moving GPO Sound data to another drive

I can't find a way to move sound data of GPO 4.0 to another drive and let Aria see the data...
    Is there a way?

Re: Moving GPO Sound data to another drive

That's a good question, mnstudio - In Aria there isn't a browser window to direct the app to the sound Library's folder. I think you need to have set that location during the installation process. Have you tried un-installing and going through it again? You already have the download, the part that takes the longest - now see if you can't direct the installer to the external drive where you want the Library stored.

Randy

No, AFAIK it isn't possible to install the library in a different location from the software itself..
    I also tried to copy the "Garritan Personal Orchestra 4" folder (in which there are the sound data) to another drive and put an alias on the original location, but Aria doesn't see it the same...

I see, mnstudio - I couldn't recall for sure if the installer gave you a choice of location the way most installers do.

Well then - It looks like you'll have to rearrange your expectations and have the Library on your main hard drive. Unless Tony or another programmer has suggestions?

Randy

It looks like you'll have to rearrange your expectations and have the Library on your main hard drive. Unless Tony or another programmer has suggestions?
    Just so....

But, mnstudio - I haven't found it to be a problem having GPO on my main drive. I use external drives for my Sonar projects. I'm not sure why you feel you'd prefer having the Library elsewhere--?

Randy

Can't you install the whole thing on any drive of your choosing?
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Hi, Rich - He apparently is saying that when he installed, he didn't see any options being given about where things would be installed. - ? -

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by mnstudio View Post
    Just so....
    The paths to everything in ARIA is all in the registry (windows) and plists (osx).
    Manually editing them is currently the best way to move things around for GPO4 (apart from reinstalling the "Personal Orchestra 4" package that is). Of course that is not for everyone. (and if you screw things up, then only a reinstall will help you

We've received a very awful email complaint about this particular issue yesterday, (i have to admit im sensitive to the issue now)

So let me just say that from the EARLY DESIGN STAGES, we have planned a full utility to manage ARIA sample content that will deal with changing the paths to samples in a graphical manner (Steinway has this in a simple form called "Sample Manager"), GPO4, being a more complex library with many tens of sub banks, is another ballgame.

So this utility is planned, (no date yet). So in the mean time, please keep in mind that we think of everything (LOL) .. just a time resource thing at this point.

Regards, and please have fun with GPO4!
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Install it new!

When installing, the installer asks you first where to save GPO4, and then he asks where to save the samples(only) .

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Go Back to forum