• Register
  • Help

Topic: is there any info on gpo4?!

Share/Bookmark

is there any info on gpo4?!

Ive just got back from a trip and missed GPO4 going public, so it was a nice surprise to see it on the garritan website advertised.... I clicked on the big advert to get more info and got taken straight through to the shop to purchase it. Clicking on "Tell me more' there took me back to the same page....

Is there any online info about GPO4? a FAQ? a list of instruments or just additions? would be nice to know exactly what from SAM brass has been added.....

seems odd not to have an indepth info page about a product on the product producer's page...

Re: is there any info on gpo4?!

Hello Ben,

Gary's new 'NEWT' policy () means that he will announce a new product after release. I believe that GPO 4 has not yet been officially released so the big announcement hasn't yet been made. I think this is an opportunity for members to get in first with their ordering and downloads before the deluge starts.

Some info has been given in the following thread.

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...92&postcount=6
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Hi, Ben - This is basically a public Beta testing period that's happening right now. Glitches can be caught and fixed before the product is fully promoted ala the upcoming official release.

Randy

Will the pricing stay the same after official release?
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Hi
    I downloaded the full GPO4 for the first time for my EWI USB. Works great and the new library reads also through the ARIA engine that came with the EWI.

One question I am hoping someone can answer.

In the ARIA that came with the EWI in the preferences section there was a setting which allowed you to set a particular key (ie., Bb major, D major etc) that set the key for the EWI to play. It means that whatever instrument you select all will play in the chosen key.

I do not see that facility on the new ARIA engine with GPO4. Am I not just seeing it. You can change the key for individual instruments but I cannot see and overall setting to set the key for all instrument to play in.

Hope someone can help.
    Thanks
    Raymond
    www.christianflute.com

Quote Originally Posted by BenNichols View Post
    Is there any online info about GPO4? a FAQ? a list of instruments or just additions? would be nice to know exactly what from SAM brass has been added.....

seems odd not to have an indepth info page about a product on the product producer's page...
    We are not officially announced yet (although the whole world seems to know about it). We're working on GPO4 webpages and should have them up soon. We'll also send out press releases and make some formal announcements soon.

Gary

I just received an email from the KVR forum, the GPO4 announcement has been posted there.

NDEE

Go Back to forum