• Register
  • Help

Topic: Logic 9 & Stylus RMX - L9 crash on tempo change

Share/Bookmark

Logic 9 & Stylus RMX - L9 crash on tempo change

When I have the Stylus RMX (latest version) window open and change the tempo in the transport, Logic crashes. If I close the Stylus window, no problem. If I move it to my 2nd monitor, no problem. Seems to be the only plug in that has this behavior. Obviously I can't tell if its a Logic problem or Stylus RMX. Anybody else experiencing this?

Re: Logic 9 & Stylus RMX - L9 crash on tempo change

Quote Originally Posted by RobbinsEgg View Post
    When I have the Stylus RMX (latest version) window open and change the tempo in the transport, Logic crashes. If I close the Stylus window, no problem. If I move it to my 2nd monitor, no problem. Seems to be the only plug in that has this behavior. Obviously I can't tell if its a Logic problem or Stylus RMX. Anybody else experiencing this?

yes, exact same problem here

Just tired ..uh correction - Tried under Live 8.04 on my G5 dual..
    latest version of RMX.

Took project from 131 down to 20bpm up to 200+ and back to normal (131).
    No crashes here with RMX GUI open and infront of Live GUI or off the the side (only one monitor here though).

No Logic 9 to compare either... $tight.

More research needed.

Sry
    Mac PPC 2ghz dual, 1.67 ghz PPC 17" lappy, Samson 65a, Logic 8.01 (dont use), Live 8.05 suite (dont fix what aint broke), Skull collection & Howling dogs.

confirmed, can we please get a nod on this glen :-)

Same thing here. Logic 9 on Intel Mac Pro Quad. Fine to change tempo when window closed. No problem in Omnisphere.

On further investigation I think it is actually to do with Stylus RMX capturing key strokes on the keyboard. As if you try and change tempo, time signature or even playhead locator with the "Stylus RMX" splash screen thing (i.e. after you add RMX as an instrument and before you click the window to actually activate it) there is no crash. As soon as you try to change any of these settings once RMX is fully activated - crash!

Hopefully Eric and team will release a patch shortly

Regards

Tim

For those interested, there is a thread I started on another forum that has some more info.
    http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopi...688&highlight=
    (You have to log in, so if youre not registered, do so, it's free.)
    Logic 9 | OSX Snow Leopard | 2x3 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon | 4g ram |Dual Cinema Displays | MBox 2 | MOTU 2408, MTP AV | AlphaTrack | BlueSky 2.1 |

Apple is working on the problem in Logic9, but it's important for everyone who experiences this to report it to Apple. Use that "Report" and "Send to Apple" button when you get a crash, they really do read those. In the mean time, if it's possible to provide an update to our plugins which includes a workaround to the problem, we will do so.

- Glenn

This is not a logic 9 bug...I have a macbook pro running logic 9 and mine doesn,t crash under these conditions...croaky

This bug has been fixed by Apple in Logic 9.0.1.

- Glenn

Go Back to forum