• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cross-fading and piano samples

Share/Bookmark

Cross-fading and piano samples

I admit that I don\'t understand the cross-fading capability of the Gigastudio editor. Is there some way that it can be applied to the layers of a piano sample to as to smooth the transition from 1 layer to another, which can be marked on some samples?

Even by trickery, such as creating each layer as a separate instrument on a different midi bank. A four layer sample would work in Gigastudio 160, with 4 midi banks.

UndaGiga

Re: Cross-fading and piano samples

Success!!!!!!!

I have built a new instrument in several of my piano .gigs that does this. Instead of assigning the velocity layers to velocity splits, I assigned them to what Gigastudio calls \"layers\". I can then use the cross fade editor to smooth the transition between these layers.

However this comes at fairly considerable cost to polyphony. In a 4 layer instrument Each note takes 8 voices instead of two! Even so, with Gigastudio 160, it works fine for a range of music that is not too complex.

I can post more detailed instructions is anyone is interested.

UndaGiga

Yes, please go ahead and post your tutorial. Also copy it to the tips & tricks section. THANKS!

Yes, please go ahead and post your tutorial. Also copy it to the tips & tricks section. THANKS!

I have posted my recipe under \"user tips and tricks\" at
    http://www.northernsounds.com/ubb/NonCGI/Forum17/HTML/000094.html

Comments welcome.

UndaGiga

Go Back to forum