• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Serial number for GPO4?

Share/Bookmark

Serial number for GPO4?

I need some help with downloading GPO4 please.

The download site tells me to register first. When I do that, I am asked for my serial number. In response, I type in the serial number of my existing GPO (that's the only serial number I have so far).

In response I get one of two messages, either I am told that my serial number is incorrect (it isn't) or "A serial looks like 12345-12345-12345-12345-12345 and containes no spaces nor letters!", which is exactly the format I have typed it in in.

So, brick wall.
    Martin
    Canberra, Australia

Re: Serial number for GPO4?

Quote Originally Posted by martin ward View Post
    i need some help with downloading gpo4 please.

The download site tells me to register first. When i do that, i am asked for my serial number. In response, i type in the serial number of my existing gpo (that's the only serial number i have so far).

In response i get one of two messages, either i am told that my serial number is incorrect (it isn't) or "a serial looks like 12345-12345-12345-12345-12345 and containes no spaces nor letters!", which is exactly the format i have typed it in in.

So, brick wall.
    12345-12345-12345-12345-12345
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

I'm sorry, I don't understand your reply.

I did indeed type my registration number in the correct format, groups of five numerals separated by hyphens, in fact I even also tried cutting and pasting it from where it worked before, and the website tells me I didn't use the correct format.
    Martin
    Canberra, Australia

Hi Martin,

I had the serial number on the GPO DVD box rejected so tried the one I got when I upgraded to the Kontakt Player 2 edition - this worked fine.

Good luck

Chris

Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm still not having any luck.

Here's what I'm doing in detail: I have GPO running under Kontakt KP2, version 2.2.4.001. With KP2 open, I open the info dialog on its GPO panel, and carefully (very very carefully) copy down the serial number.

Next, I go to www.garritan.biz/shop/products and follow the links for the GPO4 upgrade. I get to a page which asks "Please provide a valid Kontakt serial number to be eligible for this upgrade". Then I carefully type my number in, exactly as provided, and I get the following message: "We are sorry but this is not a valid code."

I suppose there is something obvious I am missing, but I don't see how the serial number I have copied from a currently working, paid for and up-to-date version of GPO on KP2 can fail to be valid.
    Martin
    Canberra, Australia

PS. I'm running on an Intel quad-core Mac. Don't see how that makes any difference though.
    Martin
    Canberra, Australia

I copied my serial number from the Service-Center, but, hm, must be the same?!
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

I got my number from the NI web site (it was the one for Product: Garritan Personal Orchestra KP2), but checked and it is the same number you get from the Info button in the KP2 player. Other than that I did exactly the same as you. Probably best to contact Garritan directly.

Chris

Well, I've checked with my service centre and, as we expected, the serial number it quotes is the same as the one I got from the info button. And that's the number I've been using all along.

Perhaps I should take your advice Chris and try contacting Garritan directly.

So, if you'll pardon a silly question, how does one do that?
    Martin
    Canberra, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Ward View Post
    Well, I've checked with my service centre and, as we expected, the serial number it quotes is the same as the one I got from the info button. And that's the number I've been using all along.

Perhaps I should take your advice Chris and try contacting Garritan directly.

So, if you'll pardon a silly question, how does one do that?
    support@garritan.com

Go Back to forum