• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Topic: "Resonate!"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "Resonate!"

    Music Lovers,


    This is my "Resonate!". Mozart it ain't.


    The production includes some JABB and GPO instruments.


    Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2
    Senior Member sd cisco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    832

    Re: "Resonate!"

    Morning Larry;
    What a waker-er-upper!! I am now ready to take on the day! This tune sounds like it has rock-roots and is very lively. Are you using elements from the GPO4 here? There is portamento happening, correct?
    Nice work as usual - thanks for sharing!!
    From the frozen North,
    sd cisco

  3. #3

    Re: "Resonate!"

    An old dude like me should not be writing things like this...or should he? Maybe I should stick to things that are appropriate to my age...like drooling.

    No GPO4 here. Some GPO and JABB elements plus a few synth sounds from the past. I manually drew in the portamento by using the "wheel".

    Thanks for listening.

    Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  4. #4

    Re: "Resonate!"

    Larry,

    Is there a synthesizer in there?
    The "rock" vibe definitely comes through.
    Am I hearing slap bass? Or is that a guitar?
    A very different texture of instruments from you - i like it!
    There is much "caffeine" in this ...

    Thanks,
    M
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wilton, NH
    Posts
    2,450

    Re: "Resonate!"

    Despite the more rock sound of synth, bass and drums, I still hear a lot of 18th century in this...

    A very fun and nicely done piece.
    Trent P. McDonald

  6. #6

    Re: "Resonate!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Wiktor View Post
    Larry,

    Is there a synthesizer in there?
    The "rock" vibe definitely comes through.
    Am I hearing slap bass? Or is that a guitar?
    A very different texture of instruments from you - i like it!
    There is much "caffeine" in this ...

    Thanks,
    M
    Yes, there are some vintage synths and a slap bass in this plus GPO and JABB elements.

    Glad you liked it. Thanks.

    Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  7. #7

    Re: "Resonate!"

    Quote Originally Posted by trentpmcd View Post
    Despite the more rock sound of synth, bass and drums, I still hear a lot of 18th century in this...

    A very fun and nicely done piece.
    I appreciate the listen, Mister Mac. Thanks.

    Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  8. #8
    Senior Member sosmus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    667

    Re: "Resonate!"

    Larry:
    Thanks for urging me to come back to the forum.
    You know I don't care for synthesized sounds but this is well written. You're mixing of idioms and centuries suggests to me "Scarlatti on Pot."

    Steve (sos)

  9. #9

    Re: "Resonate!"

    Quote Originally Posted by sosmus View Post
    Larry:
    Thanks for urging me to come back to the forum.
    You know I don't care for synthesized sounds but this is well written. You're mixing of idioms and centuries suggests to me "Scarlatti on Pot."

    Steve (sos)
    Har-Har-Har, you old reprobate!

    He's baaaaaaaaack! It's good to see you once again, my friend. Welcome and don't go away again...you hear?

    We all look forward to hearing some of your great charts again.

    My Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  10. #10

    Re: "Resonate!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander View Post
    An old dude like me should not be writing things like this...or should he? Maybe I should stick to things that are appropriate to my age...like drooling.
    Rofl... heck, I already drool. What's my excuse?

    I liked this, Larry -- a lot of energy and drive to it;
    and a good mix of pop and Classical influences, well
    written.

    A lot of classically-oriented material does well with
    synthetic sounds; and this, no exception.

    Best,



    David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •