• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gpo4 - vst

Share/Bookmark

Gpo4 - vst

Got it, loaded it, it worked once I'd read the instructions, (it doesn't load properly from the Zip file).

What are the two VST versions for (one marked MULTI)?. I can't find any difference and I can't find anything in the manual. Am I missing something?
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Re: Gpo4 - vst

Hi, Derek

The Multi version is what you'll usually need. It has 16 stereo outs set up and ready when you insert it in your music app. Using Sonar, if I ask for all outs to be loaded, I have 16 corresponding tracks ready to pump out the sound from Aria's 16 channels.

The other VST .dll not marked Multi is the stand alone version with just the first stereo out available.

As far as the zip not working for you, I don't know why.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    The other VST .dll not marked Multi is the stand alone version with just the first stereo out available.
    No, a .dll is not a standalone. It is an app extension. The standalone is called ARIA Player.exe

The non multi would be useful for apps that don't support more than stereo out, such as Sibelius.

Hi, Craig - Right you are, thanks for the correction. I had this post right the first time, but for some reason came back and edited it--getting it Wrong the second time.

Single stereo outs for Sib and other apps that don't support multi out, righteo.

Randy

...and of course there's nothing stopping you using the 'single' stereo out version in apps that do support the multi-out. It just means you won't have the mixing flexibility and control that 16 stereo outs give.

Quote Originally Posted by L0W View Post
    ...and of course there's nothing stopping you using the 'single' stereo out version in apps that do support the multi-out. It just means you won't have the mixing flexibility and control that 16 stereo outs give.
    That's right - it would work. But, it would be rather like using a top of the line food processor to slice up one carrot. --If only one track with all your instruments are brought into a feature-packed app like Sonar, Cubase, DP, Logic - well, there'd be no reason to have bought the expensive software. Any simple freebie app would do the job.

It's So great that after all this struggle with KP2, with some regular users not getting it until very recently that they've had 16 independent outs available in KP2 all this time--now it's as simple as looking at Aria when it opens, and there the whole thing is laid out for you, no more mystery of adding more channels. JUST BE SURE to change the default outs so you still aren't stuck with everything coming out of the first out. But of course if you're in Sibelius or something like that, then use the simple one out version of Aria.

Randy

Randy

Go Back to forum