• Register
  • Help

Topic: ARIA features wish list

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up ARIA features wish list

After installing GPO4 with ARIA and playing with it for a while, I was pretty amazed by the ease of use from the installation, the activation (bye bye NI headaches), the efficiency and the straightforwardness of the player. Man, it just can't be any easier! Thanks Gary and team.

So being new to ARIA and having a fresh look on it, I thought it would be a good idea to start an ARIA features wish list thread in order to improve it.

Please note that ALL the comments below concerns the STAND ALONE version of ARIA:

PEAK LIGHTS / VU METERS:

It would be useful to have peak lights on every channel of the mixer and a master VU meter (above the 3 piano pedals icons?). I keep peaking and distorting the player when I build ensembles and adjust volumes in order to maximize the levels (or maybe I am doing something wrong here?)

ABILITY TO MANUALLY ENTER NUMERIC VALUES OF PARAMETERS:

While tweaking the VAR 1 and VAR 2 parameters I had a hard time getting the values I wanted while moving the mouse (turning the virtual knob), I wanted a 3% value but numbers kept jumping all around but never on 3%! I think it would be nice to double-click the parameter values and enter it via the numeric keypad.

DISPLAY OF NAME OF CURRENTLY LOADED ARIA PATCH (previously saved patch then reloaded):

After building a satisfying ensemble I saved it as an ARIA patch in order to easily recall it for live playing. After loading that saved patch I noticed that the name of the patch was not displayed anywhere in the player. It would be nice to have this feature so that when you load a patch (during a live show performance) you now you have the right one loaded!

"LIVE MODE" PATCH LIST + CONTROLLABLE VIA MIDI:

Again in a live show performance setting, it would be nice to have the possibility to set up a "Live Mode" list of ARIA patches (built ensembles) that could respond to an external MIDI message in order to load the next ARIA patch (or built ensemble) on the list. This feature combined with the lighting-fast load time of samples in ARIA would be great for live show performances.

"SAVEABLE" BUILT-IN AMBIANCE PATCHES (and linked to a given ARIA patch):

Same here, the ability to save and recall the Ambiance patches. In a perfect world it would be linked with the corresponding ARIA patch (built ensemble) and would load together in the "Live Mode" patch list feature. I know David of Plogue has recently mentioned that he is working on something similar so we'll see in future updates if this idea makes it through.

Finally, I somehow have the impression that the quality of the built in Ambiance reverb is different that the original one. Even with the quality knob at 100% I have the impression that it's not as rich as the original version. Am I dreaming? Could it be a "light" and more CPU friendly version in ARIA?

So that's it. I hope all ARIA newcomers will share their first impressions/ideas and contribute to improve what is already a great tool.

Beware NI, the New (ARIA) World Order has begun!!!

NDEE

Re: ARIA features wish list

Anyone else using GPO4 ARIA in stand alone?

Or am I ALONE?!!!

NDEE

Re: ARIA features wish list

Do you use GPO4 in standalone for live performance? If so I'd be interested in what sort of latency you're getting.

Go Back to forum