• Register
  • Help

Topic: A few questions about GPO4

Share/Bookmark

A few questions about GPO4

I'm quite interested in buying GPO4, but have a few questions first.

1) Can I authorize it on two machines the way I can GPO/Kontakt?

2) How big is the download? How much space does it occupy once installed?

3) I already have the Aria player installed as part of Finale 2010. Will I now have two Aria players, or will they find each other and work together? In particular, will I have any trouble playing the GPO samples in Finale, and will I now be able to play the Finale GPO samples outside of Finale?

4) Is there a stand-alone player?

Re: A few questions about GPO4

Hi Andrew,

I think you can authorize GPO4 on several machines BUT only use it one at a time.

The download is +/- 950 mb and if I remember correctly, once installed GPO4/ARIA occupies a little under 2 Gigs.

Yes there is a stand alone version of ARIA and the load time of samples is lighting-fast!

Hope this helps.

NDEE

Quote Originally Posted by NDEE View Post
    Hi Andrew,

I think you can authorize GPO4 on several machines BUT only use it one at a time.

NDEE
    you can install it on four different computers and legally use all four simultaneously
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Koenig View Post
    I'm quite interested in buying GPO4, but have a few questions first.

1) Can I authorize it on two machines the way I can GPO/Kontakt?

2) How big is the download? How much space does it occupy once installed?

3) I already have the Aria player installed as part of Finale 2010. Will I now have two Aria players, or will they find each other and work together? In particular, will I have any trouble playing the GPO samples in Finale, and will I now be able to play the Finale GPO samples outside of Finale?

4) Is there a stand-alone player?
    Hello Andrew,

I use Finale 2010 with GPO 4 and just to reiterate NDEE's and Dan's replies:

1) As Dan said, GPO 4 can be installed and used on 4 computers simultaneously.

2) The GPO 4 download is a zip file of 954 Mb. Once installed the 'Personal Orchestra 4' folder is 1.97 GB and the 'Aria Player' folder is 12.1 MB.

3) The GPO 4 Aria player may be a later version of the one bundled with Finale. I'm not sure if installing GPO 4 will replace the existing player or just add a second. Either way, adding or removing the Aria Player in Finale is very easy. GPO 4 samples will most certainly play flawlessly in Finale 10. The full GPO 4 contains all of the Garritan set of instruments for Finale and you will have the option of installing a stand-alone version. So, in effect, you will be able to play the instruments outside of Finale.

4) Yes .. as mentioned above .. there is a standalone version of the Aria Player with GPO 4.

Hope this has been of some help.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Koenig View Post
    All aria based products use the same shared aria dynamic library.
    So In one host/DAW, you should only have one copy of it running in memory (which is the most recent version installed). All subsequently loaded ARIA "products" would then benefit for sharing of audio files, and pools of various internal rendering resources.

So in short, there is the engine, there is the front ends (ARIA Player, Steinway, Garritan Instrument for Finale), and you also have the installed sound banks which are available though the engine (since they are registered in the system registry/plists), in any of those front ends.

I hope it clears some confusion.
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Go Back to forum