• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Titan: Anybody have this synth?

Share/Bookmark

Titan: Anybody have this synth?

Looks like Best Service and Yellow Tools have teamed up to create a new synth called Titan. After watching a few of the videos I am convinced I need this ASAP. Has anyone purchased it and if so any thoughts?

All the very best,

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Re: Titan: Anybody have this synth?

Anybody...? Bueller...?
    www.darrenpasdernick.com

I've viewed all of their Videos and was expecting something great. The quality of the sounds, however, was inferior IMO compared to Omnisphere and most of the NI products & Arturia products.

And, they really should have gotten a better keyboard player than the one from the videos.

Hoping their other new synth coming in the fall {Galaxy X} sounds better.

OMG-these must be some of the cheesiest productvideos that i have seen in a long time. From the voiceover to the chops of the musician who plays the examples.

yes, after watching the videos im inclined to agree...pretty average all round, what annoys me is the claim that this has been 10 years in the making, but what they really mean is that the soundbank has been taken from the last 10 years of bestservice products which alot of us already own, that however is not an attractive marketing strategy, i really wish alot of these developers would stop making such grandiose claims about fairly average products.

I find that I am always looking for the Swiss Army knife VST that has a bazillion sounds. I bought VI One a few months ago. 21 gigabytes of some pretty mediocre sounds IMHO. I own Omnisphere but its a resource hog and I'll need to get a new computer (which I dread because of having to install hundreds of gigs of VST's and hoping they would work in 64 bit.)

Maybe I'm old but some of the sounds in the videos appealed to me. Yes the keyboard player wasn't Chick Corea but neither am I. I like the wavtable stuff and some of the pads sounded great.

I find I still use Atmosphere, Sonicsynth2, and Albino for my go to synths (and Omnisphere if I bounce a lot) I also have CronoX but it sometimes sends out a bash of digital noise that makes me soil myself. It happens when my machine is starting to run low on ram)

Any other synths you guys could recommend? I also have Xphrase, FM8, Absynth 4. Maybe Nexus II? Zebra? I tried Alchemy but was not impressed. Maybe I need an Access Polar

Any more input would be appreciated. Thanks for your comments.

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com

my advice would be to get a better computer and use what you have. There is definetly no shortance of great sounds in your arsenal you only need the horsepower to use them all.

I saw the Titan Vid on Timespace.com it seemed to me that the voice was computer generated through a translator software package. Not the best way to do it, I thought..

If you need a synth like Titan, then some contenders come to mind. Omnisphere or this might work for you.

http://www.timespace.com/product/PHA...3/phaedra.html

Simon
    www.sounds-and-images.co.uk

And now also at Flickr!

http://flickr.com/photos/sounds-and-images/

www.myspace.com/simonfielder

NorthernSounds.NET.
    View Simon Fielder's Profile at NorthernSounds.net

Quote Originally Posted by dpasdernick View Post
    I find that I am always looking for the Swiss Army knife VST that has a bazillion sounds. I bought VI One a few months ago. 21 gigabytes of some pretty mediocre sounds IMHO. I own Omnisphere but its a resource hog and I'll need to get a new computer (which I dread because of having to install hundreds of gigs of VST's and hoping they would work in 64 bit.)

Maybe I'm old but some of the sounds in the videos appealed to me. Yes the keyboard player wasn't Chick Corea but neither am I. I like the wavtable stuff and some of the pads sounded great.

I find I still use Atmosphere, Sonicsynth2, and Albino for my go to synths (and Omnisphere if I bounce a lot) I also have CronoX but it sometimes sends out a bash of digital noise that makes me soil myself. It happens when my machine is starting to run low on ram)

Any other synths you guys could recommend? I also have Xphrase, FM8, Absynth 4. Maybe Nexus II? Zebra? I tried Alchemy but was not impressed. Maybe I need an Access Polar

Any more input would be appreciated. Thanks for your comments.

Darren
    The first few times I tried the Nexus II's demo I was blown away...I really liked the immediacy and the way it sounded. That said, I didn't know anything about using compressors on individual tracks at the time, and my biggest complaint with komplete was that it sounded "thin" to my ears.

Then I got a UAD card. Running Komplete's synths (absynth, FM8, massive, reaktor) through the LA-2A and Plate-140 (or the hall algorithm on fabric R) sounds at least as good if not better to my ears -- and you can't tweak Nexus II (if the demo is the same as the full version, which I believe it is) anywhere near as much as you can tweak NI's synths.

Alchemy's strength isn't in its sound library or VA synthesis, but in what it can do with samples. Try importing a wave file through additive analysis and morphing it with a few others -- you'll get some amazing results from single samples.

IMO the access virus TI has been the biggest disappointment ever for me. I tried one last week at Guitar Center expecting it to single handedly blow away every synth I've ever tried -- well, it sounded good and the built in distortion effect is edgy, but there was nothing earth shattering about it. It's also a lot less pretty in person than in photos - those lights are bright -- WAY too bright. It's like staring at mini headlights.

The sound could've been the BX5as hooked up to it, but I only use RP5s at home, so I'm not sure.

I agree with the general sentiment on getting a new computer -- Omnisphere is great and well worth upgrading for. If you're afraid of dealing with 64-bit stuff, get a mac. I bought a PC and went through that nightmare with Vista and Cubase 5 (which is rock solid but didn't -- at least at the time -- play nicely with 32-bit plugins) before giving up, selling it and getting a used mac pro. Problem solved

dpasdernick, You have loads of great synths already. There's nothing you're going to buy which will make a big difference. If you're having problems locating the right sound when composing, perhaps it's your organisational system that needs improving, not your library of sounds.

Go Back to forum