• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO "settings" - persistent?

Share/Bookmark

GPO "settings" - persistent?

Hi,

I'm using GPO4 as a VST plugin in SONAR 8.

How can I make the "settings" ie pre caching, polyphony, max RAM persistent for every time I open GPO? They seem to go back to default when I open a new instance.

The settings are saved when I save a SONAR project - but when I start a new project, they're back to default.

Also - is there a mailing list to notify us of product updates? Or do we just have to keep an eye on the garritan site?

Thanks

PS - one more thing. What's the difference between "standard" and "notation" programs?
    Last edited by jbraner; 08-03-2009 at 04:23 PM. Reason: one more question

Re: GPO "settings" - persistent?

Quote Originally Posted by jbraner View Post
    Also - is there a mailing list to notify us of product updates? Or do we just have to keep an eye on the garritan site?

Thanks

PS - one more thing. What's the difference between "standard" and "notation" programs?
    Hello John,

AS far as I know and as yet there is no mailing list to notify us of product updates.

The Notation set of instruments are for use with Finale which has a few settings different to the Standard set.

If you are not using Finale then you should use the 'Standard' set.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

You could try 'save default' in the standalone player after you have made your adjustments? I'd imagine that sets the default load-up - even inside Sonar.

If that doesn't work, the values I think are all stored in one of the XML files, I'll look later.

Thanks Michael and Low.

I'll just delete the notation instruments then ;-)

I never installed the standalone version as I'd never use it - I'll only use the VST plugin. I'll have a look at the xml files - can you give me a heads up where to start looking?

rgds,

Quote Originally Posted by jbraner View Post
    I never installed the standalone version as I'd never use it - I'll only use the VST plugin. I'll have a look at the xml files - can you give me a heads up where to start looking?
    You cant change those defaults right now for the VST version. they are tuned to the configuration that has been known to work best for everyone.

We might include a system wide setting for that, but then it would influence all products, inclusing steinway, finale, etc. which is asupport risk we are not commited to.
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

OK - fair enough. ;-)

Thanks David.

Go Back to forum