• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Darn That Dream"

Share/Bookmark

"Darn That Dream"

http://www.box.net/shared/static/culh43m1qt.mp3

This arrangement was written for a former student that is now living in Seattle. She and her husband (trumpet player) have put together an 18 piece jazz band that they perform with once a month a Tula's (jazz night club.)
    There is no vocal so you're on your own but I think if you know the tune you'll be able to follow the chart.

Re: "Darn That Dream"

We miss you around here, Steve.

I don't know the piece, but it is arranged in way that seems like it was designed to be just as it is.

I assume you are still not working in Cubase. If I knew the program, I would help you get it set up. But then I get lost in the Mac world. I pound on Apples and make applesauce, so I would be of little use there.

Great work my friend. Don't be such a stranger.

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

Ron:
    It's good to "be back" even though I didn't go anywhere. Cubase is still a mystery but I've been up to my ears with commissions, I've done about a dozen new charts for the singer in Seattle, got a new dog and am woodworking again. So much to do and so little time.
    I wish there was someone within driving distance that I could go to for some "hands on" help with Cubase but that appears to be very unlikely.
    Thanks for your nice comments. I thought about putting in the lead line but a good singer would "play" with it as it should be so I'd rather leave it one's imagination.

Stranger Arranger (sos)

Great to see you back in the neighborhood, Steve!

Gorgeous arrangement -- but then, you never miss;
    the smooth, flawless craftsmanship in this is a true
    pleasures to the ear.

My best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Nice one, with the Sample touch. I am very familiar with this old tune, having played it many times in the past. You did it justice.

Fine muted trumpet and flute work. The strings aren't chopped liver either.

Even though I hate you for being so talented...WELCOME BACK!

My Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

David:
    [QUOTE=etLux;627035]Great to see you back in the neighborhood, Steve!

At my age, it's nice to be anywhere. Thanks for your usual support and kind words. I'm going to try to better my attendance in the future and not play hookie (hookey, hooky, et al ----------.)

Steve

Larry:
    Even though I hate you for being so talented...WELCOME BACK!
    If you add up our ages and then combine our diverse talents (or skills), we would then be one old musician.
    Thanks for your ever encouraging words.
    Steve

Hi Steve, I was only wondering the other day where you were.

I use Cubase but its a bit if a drive, why not pm me with any specific queries and I'll be delighted to try and help.

EDIT: I'm not young either.
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Hello to you Steve!
    I am a little new around here and have not heard anything quite like this, up till now. You demonstrate an excellent knowledge of arranging for a jazz orchestra! I am amazed at your skill-set, very melodic and smooth - most enjoyable!!
    Thank you for sharing and I hope to hear more!!!
    Take care,
    sd cisco

Derek:
    I use Cubase but its a bit of a drive, why not pm me with any specific queries and I'll be delighted to try and help.
    I'll put together a few (million) questions and send them to you. As you know, I do my scores using NI Kontakt2 and Finale with the GJBB and GPO (notation instruments.) I want to enter my midi scores into Cubase and "tweak" dynamics, balance, etc. to get a nice demo. Can we talk? What is "pm?" Email? Snail mail? please advise.
    Thanks for your offer to help. Maybe we should start a "WW" (Wrinkled Writers) division.
    Steve

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast