• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO4 upgrade and serial numbers ???

Share/Bookmark

GPO4 upgrade and serial numbers ???

I have entered the KP1 serial number - nothing...

I have entered the KP2 serial number - nothing...

I have entered these several times, with spaces/dashes, without spaces/dashes - nothing...

??????????????

~Yudit~

Re: GPO4 upgrade and serial numbers ???

Email support@garritan.biz with the numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Monaghan View Post
    Email support@garritan.biz with the numbers
    Thanks, Tony, I will do so.

~Yudit~

As mentioned in another thread, you have to ignore the request for KP serial number where it first appears. Go straight into the download/purchase routine and fill in the serial number when requested at a later part of the process. Anyway, that worked for me after fruitless pasting in serial numbers earlier on.

I just located this thread after at least half an hour of playing time-wasting games with the GPO4 upgrade window, failing at a couple dozen tries of any possible serial number combination (KP1 number, KP2 number, with hyphens, without hyphens). WTF?

This thread is over four months old. Why has the upgrade process, identified as defective in this and apparently also an earlier thread *last August,* not been fixed? Does nobody care if they sell GPO4 or not? By now this customer is very angry at the incompetence and lost time. This passeth all understanding.

The main reason I am "upgrading" is because KP2 is a piece of !&(?&% which has prevented me from making any music for weeks while I fiddled with trying to get it to work satisfactorily after "upgrading" from KP1, which worked fine. Under KP2 my instruments are perpetually out of balance, some are AWOL (snare drum, bass drum), for some pieces no sound set loads at all, and so on.

I was hoping that ARIA would correct these problems and I could finally start using the music system again. But I can't even buy it. Things look ominous.

Probably the reader thinks this writer might be a little dim technically. Yet in the 80s and 90s I was a Silicon Valley technical writer, often on huge systems (IBM, Lockheed, Ascent Logic) much more complex than GPO, and in engineering disciplines far outside my native field, which is music. I know intimately how technology and end-user documentation are supposed to be coordinated because I structured and wrote the docs and training courses myself, or in concert with other writers and engineers.

I am absolutely baffled at the lackadaisical attitude towards loose ends like this upgrade ordering process at Garritan.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smith View Post
    By now this customer is very angry at the incompetence and lost time.
    After I emailed support, as was suggested to me, everything went well and since then I have been using GPO4 with no problem.

~Yudit~

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smith View Post
    I just located this thread after at least half an hour of playing time-wasting games with the GPO4 upgrade window, failing at a couple dozen tries of any possible serial number combination (KP1 number, KP2 number, with hyphens, without hyphens). WTF?

This thread is over four months old. Why has the upgrade process, identified as defective in this and apparently also an earlier thread *last August,* not been fixed? Does nobody care if they sell GPO4 or not? By now this customer is very angry at the incompetence and lost time. This passeth all understanding.

The main reason I am "upgrading" is because KP2 is a piece of !&(?&% which has prevented me from making any music for weeks while I fiddled with trying to get it to work satisfactorily after "upgrading" from KP1, which worked fine. Under KP2 my instruments are perpetually out of balance, some are AWOL (snare drum, bass drum), and so on.

I was hoping that ARIA would correct these problems and I could finally start using the music system again. But I can't even buy it. Things look ominous.

Probably the reader thinks this writer might be a little dim technically. Yet in the 80s and 90s I was a Silicon Valley technical writer, often on huge systems (IBM, Lockheed, Ascent Logic) much more complex than GPO, and in engineering disciplines far outside my native field, which is music. I know intimately how technology and end-user documentation are supposed to be coordinated because I structured and wrote the docs and training courses myself, or in concert with other writers and engineers.

I am absolutely baffled at the lackadaisical attitude towards loose ends like this upgrade ordering process at Garritan.
    Native Instruments didn't supply us with a full list of serial numbers so that's out of our control. The ordering process works flawlessly for 99.7% of customers.

Hello Doug,

Sorry to hear of the registrtion problems there and I can understand your frustration.

I must have been one of the 99.7% mentioned by Tony. I paid for, downloaded and installed GPO4 effortlessly. I realise this doesn't help your situation as I wish it could.

As Tony mentioned, these problems are, again, the cause of NI. I think you'll find that Garritan support will be very fast at putting this right for the individuals affected by the behaviour of NI. In fact, I would guess that as I type it would all have been put right for you.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Thanks for the comments.

But numerous prior customers months ago identified the serial number entry as a problem. NI is known as a frequent source of such problems -- I have often had a horrible time dealing with them and can hardly wait to get rid of their flaky player which has wasted literally weeks of my time.

My reason for raising the issue here is to inquire why no indication on the GPO4 upgrade window -- on a website that Garritan controls, not NI -- that in case of failure, the customer should email Garritan Support? That would have saved me and others an awful lot of time and aggravation.

If it is not done, I will not be the last frustrated customer. Who knows how many simply give up and leave and buy something else? I strongly suspect that 99.7% figure is inaccurate.

More threads on the same problem, months ago. And the problem still exists.

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...numbers&page=2

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...serial+numbers [Sticky by Garritan on the *forum* -- not helpful if one is looking at the *Upgrade window* instead of the forum]

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...serial+numbers [four people complain that serial numbers are not accepted]

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...serial+numbers

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...serial+numbers

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...numbers&page=2

Go Back to forum