• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO 4, More instruments?

Share/Bookmark

GPO 4, More instruments?

Hey,

I dont have the manuel to GPO 4 becuase it didnt download correctly.

When i've loaded 16 instruments, how can i add more?

In the KP2 version there were 4 buttons, one for 1-16, 17-32, 33-48, 49-64.

Thanks,

Dan.
    Trumpet, cornet, flugel player. Composer and student.

Re: GPO 4, More instruments?

Hi Dan,

If bandwidth isn't an issue, you have unlimited downloads to get the manual

GPO4-Aria currently only supports 16 instruments per instance. Since the MIDI spec only supports 16 channels per port (or VST instance) this usually isn't an issue. In a host like Sonar or Logic, just load another instance.

What I've been doing lately to get more than 16 outs for playback of a non-VST friendly app (Sib3) is to use two standalones, one set to receive on MidiYoke Port 1 and the second on MidiYoke 2. Be advised the render functions between the two instances don't talk, but you can always do a direct wave-out capture.

I'm not sure if there are plans for the GPO Aria GUI to support more than 16 channels. I suspect the engine is capable of it, however.

Reegs

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs View Post
    Hi Dan,

If bandwidth isn't an issue, you have unlimited downloads to get the manual

GPO4-Aria currently only supports 16 instruments per instance. Since the MIDI spec only supports 16 channels per port (or VST instance) this usually isn't an issue. In a host like Sonar or Logic, just load another instance.

What I've been doing lately to get more than 16 outs for playback of a non-VST friendly app (Sib3) is to use two standalones, one set to receive on MidiYoke Port 1 and the second on MidiYoke 2. Be advised the render functions between the two instances don't talk, but you can always do a direct wave-out capture.

I'm not sure if there are plans for the GPO Aria GUI to support more than 16 channels. I suspect the engine is capable of it, however.

Reegs
    Hi Reegs,

I thought that might be the only way, its a shame. I hope there are future plans for Aria to support more channels.

Thanks for your help,

Dan.
    Trumpet, cornet, flugel player. Composer and student.

Quote Originally Posted by June-Bug-Dan View Post
    Hi Reegs,

I thought that might be the only way, its a shame. I hope there are future plans for Aria to support more channels.

Thanks for your help,

Dan.
    Oops, I often use 6 or more Kontakt Samplers.... . Perhaps its a shame that your daw can`t adress more than one or two players... .
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Hurm - This is all a bit confused, June-Bug-Dan -

"...its a shame. I hope there are future plans for Aria to support more channels..."

That's not possible. As Reegs explained:

"...the MIDI spec only supports 16 channels per port (or VST instance)..."

It's always been the case that when you need more channels, you start up another instance of the sample player in your app.

Randy

Go Back to forum