• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO4/Sonar 8 Bug??

Share/Bookmark

GPO4/Sonar 8 Bug??

Hi all!

First of all, I LOVE GPO4. I'm using on 3 different projects now and am thrilled with both the sound and the ease of use.

I have found a glitch that I can reproduce every time. I run ARIA x64 within Sonar 8 64, in Windows XP Pro64. I load up some section strings, play using Mod wheel, and in Mixer view everything works flawlessly. However, in Controls view, whenever I use the Mod wheel I get clicks and pops. Toggle back to Mixer, pristine sound. Repeatable every time. Anyone else getting this result?

Thanks in advance!
    Careful, man, there's a beverage here!
    www.stevegoers.com

Re: GPO4/Sonar 8 Bug??

I think I'm running into the same bug now that I see your post. Was having all sorts of issues the other night and wasn't sure if it was ARIA or Kontakt 3.5 causing the problem. Let me check it out.

Jim

Getting this too here. Also get it on EFFECTS screen (but not so pronounced). How strange. I can also get it if 'fiddling' with a knob on screen while playing.

Sorry, but no. I run the same system, all 64 bits. Just tried it and no clicks and pops.

System: Intel Core Duo, 8 Gb RAM...... maybe that's the answer.

Raymond

Hi

We are aware of the Sonar GUI issues and are talking to engineers at Cakewalk to see how best to address this.

Regards
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

is this just a problem with the x64 version or does it happen in the 32 bit as well?

Quote Originally Posted by shadoe42 View Post
    is this just a problem with the x64 version or does it happen in the 32 bit as well?
    Any version of sonar with VST hosting.

EDIT: but with SOME video cards/drivers and not others. Its a refresh issue.

Ah, thank you David.
    Careful, man, there's a beverage here!
    www.stevegoers.com

Something I've been getting now, not noticed when I was helping to Beta test Aria, is that my bounced tracks in Sonar are getting glitches, bumps in the road, which I've never gotten before. I've spent 10 hours so far today doing and re-doing a mix because the Aria tracks with low frequency instruments (Bass section) just wouldn't render well enough. I've ended up taking a volume envelope and notching out the bumps and filling the gaps with a Bass section track recorded from KP2.

This is with slow bounce, not fast. - It's been frustrating today.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Something I've been getting now, not noticed when I was helping to Beta test Aria, is that my bounced tracks in Sonar are getting glitches, bumps in the road, which I've never gotten before. I've spent 10 hours so far today doing and re-doing a mix because the Aria tracks with low frequency instruments (Bass section) just wouldn't render well enough. I've ended up taking a volume envelope and notching out the bumps and filling the gaps with a Bass section track recorded from KP2.

This is with slow bounce, not fast. - It's been frustrating today.

Randy
    By slow bounce you mean "you hear it while it renders" and Fast bounce being "offline render"?

Go Back to forum