• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Choir Library Recommendations

Choir Library Recommendations

i've got an upcoming project that is going to need some choir. the director is loving this sample (popol vuh's work for aguirre, the wrath of god):
    these are very mellotron-ish to me, but in the end i'm guessing the director will be wanting something "cleaner" than the roughness of the mellotron samples (i have g-force m-tron). what are everyone's favorite choir libraries? i probably won't need to construct words, just need a wide variety of oohs, ahhs, men, women, children... omnisphere, maybe? opinions welcome.

Re: Choir Library Recommendations

Omnisphere has a ton of patches taken from Symphony of Voices. The most playable ones are included as well as some nice crescendo and effects. I think you will be very pleased with the sounds. Omnisphere in itself is a great value as well because it has a lot of content and a great interface to further enhance a sound to your liking.
    Austin Haynes
    Sales and Technical Support

yeah, i'm leaning towards omnisphere...if i'm buying just for symphony of voices it'll be like getting all the rest for free (which is a lot of stuff). what a deal! anyone else? sample library addicts who can compare multiple libraries?

+10 for Omnisphere. When tweaked right, the choirs in omnisphere can sound really really nice. And the best part is that you get a lot even in the the choirs alone.

Here's a short list of what omnisphere offers for choir patches
    boys choir - ahs. ees, mms, oos, changing syllables, soloist
    men's choir - ahs, mms, ees, ohs, oos, swells, tenor soloist
    women's choir - ahs, mms, ohs, oos, swells, soprano soloist
    choral fx - clusters, gliding chords, warmups, a few phrases, slides, ligeti effects, whistling
    other stuff - gospel choir, gregorian choir, tuvan throat singers, pop voices

I especially like the boys choir. All of them sound great and were obviously recorded by some of the best in the business (props to you eric). I would highly recommend it. Especially since I think EWQL Symphonic Choirs word phrasing sounds very artificial. (but I do like their voices of the apocalypse)

Oh did I mention that Omnisphere does like MILLIONS of other stuff too?

If you would want the Choir to sing lyrics in different languages, you should try Myriad Harmony Assistant with Virtual Singer.
    Windows XP-SP2, IE7, ARIA GPO4, GPO KP2, Kontakt 3, NOTION 3, Amplitube X-GEAR, Overture 4.1, Harmony Assistant 9.5.1e, Virtual Singer, Gold SoundBase 2, OMeR 2.2, PDF to Music 1.2.1d, Miroslav Philharmonik, Sample Tank 2SE, Audacity, MuseScore 0.9.6

i recently bought the giovanni edition by bela d media, easily the best choir samples ive ever used, absolutley beautiful.

South Africa

Mixing Bela d's stuff with East west choirs would work magic i think

Lightbulb Re: Choir Library Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Heckler View Post
    Mixing Bela d's stuff with East west choirs would work magic i think
    I did it and I can confirm it works fantastic: the boys of Bela are simply as real as a real choir, and the bones provided by EWQLSC is actually state of the art.

the bela d samples are great, but the project is still general enough that i can't commit to a specific age or gender yet.

thanks everyone...sounds like omnisphere is the best option for a well rounded collection of choirs for this particular job. plus it comes with a few other things, or so i've heard.

I use SOV, with some serious editing (removing the attack and release settings). The 5th CD contains some staccato and vibrato stuff that most users seem to miss. I have also created some useful layerings of SOV patches in GigaStudio. In short, I still love it - being not so much a fan of buying "instruments" in spite of Eric's excellent explanations for going this route. Still a samples man ;-)

Then Vota can be still really useful, although its editing is not great, but combined/layered with my SOV patches it can sound great. Because a few Monks patches have some weird high frequency anomalies, I have been able to find it back in a few high end film scores (e.g. King Arthur by Zimmer).

I also have the EWQLSO choirs but have not yet used them in tracks, but they also do sound great.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast