• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO4 Tutorials

Share/Bookmark

GPO4 Tutorials

Hello,
    1. I'm in the process of reading the manual but haven't installed GPO4 yet.
    It says in the manual to go to the Garritan site for tutorials. As far as I've noticed there are no GPO4 tutorials yet but tens of tutorials for the Kontakt player.
    My suggestion is to split between the tutorials for the Kontakt and ARIA versions. Put them on different addresses so that they won't clutter one another.
    2. When are there expected to be ARIA tutorials?
    3. Will those be videos as well as written?

4. The manual looks very well written. Good job on that. I like the fact that there are pictures in many sections of the maual showing what they are talking about. This way there is no need to be in front of the computer in order to understand what's being said.

Kind Regards.
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Re: GPO4 Tutorials

Yes there are dozens of tutorials for Kontakt version but none yet for ARIA. We are not even sent out our press releases or have our new site up yet. So we are still in pre-launch mode. It will take a while for all the tutorials to appear. As mentioned previously we will be having a contest to help speed up tutorial creation. We hope you will win the upcoming contest!

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post
    ... We hope you will win the upcoming contest!

Gary
    Ha Ha...no chance of that happening. I'm a total newbie to orchestral softwares. I need those tutorials in order to improve my understanding of the software.

One issue I have with user tutorials released as official tutorials is that sometimes what's being taught is very well displayed and explained but could better be done in the software in another way which the user that's making the tutorial might not be aware of.
    I have more confidence in tutorials when they're coming from the official software makers. (no offence to the users of course).

Just my thoughts.
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Quote Originally Posted by yairhol View Post
    I have more confidence in tutorials when they're coming from the official software makers. (no offence to the users of course).
    You don't know our users. We are very user-centric and I have a great deal of confidence in users. The 50+ tutorials on our site were done by users. I believe users are smarter than companies. Companies exist for users.

Gary

You say you are reading the manual, but have not installed yet. I installed, but have not read the manuals yet because I don't know where to get the manuals. Where did you get it? (I got the download version)

Quote Originally Posted by Sepheritoh View Post
    You say you are reading the manual, but have not installed yet. I installed, but have not read the manuals yet because I don't know where to get the manuals. Where did you get it? (I got the download version)
    When you uncompressed the files to their temporary location prior to installation the manual and getting started guide should be in the top level folder (at least on a Windows PC, not sure about Mac's).

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Monaghan View Post
    When you uncompressed the files to their temporary location prior to installation the manual and getting started guide should be in the top level folder (at least on a Windows PC, not sure about Mac's).
    Thank you!

Idiot I am deleted that folder after installing without checking. Lucky I backed it up on DVD, so no real problem. Thanks

That manual thing has caught a few people - though I'm proud to say that it is the one hurdle I didn't fall over (I managed to walk straight into all the other little traps for the unwary though).

Perhaps it should be copied by the installer to Garritan directory anyway.

Later maybe a button on the ARia player to open it from the SETTINGS page perhaps.

I didn't read about hte competition for tutorials - anyone have the link?

The installer should definately install the manual in the GPO folder and there should definately be a button in the ARIA GUI to open that manual.

Go Back to forum