• Register
  • Help

Topic: Many Omnisphere problems solved

Share/Bookmark

Many Omnisphere problems solved

Back a couple of weeks I wrote up a plea for help with latency problems with my newly installed Omnisphere. This turned out to be only one of many frustrations trying to get Omnisphere to work on a brand new up to the minute lap top. Midi channels were unstable, patches crackled as they were played and the computer crashed consistently not withstanding the 1 second latency was impossible to play.
    I was using a PC laptop running VISTA. I have now changed to a MAC and every thing runs like a dream. No problems, the sound is clear as a bell, response is perfect and directing midi channels to the various patches is a breeze. I couldn't believe that a change of computer and operating system could make such a difference. So thank you to Eric and the tech guys and Spectrasonics for being patient with all this PC problem solving, and all I needed was a change of computer.
    Cheers Robert.

Re: Many Omnisphere problems solved

Hi Robert,
    Happy to hear your problems are solved. I also want to get a Mac to run Omnisphere. Could you PLEASE list the features you have in your Mac, so that I can walk into an Apple store, give him the list, buy the laptop, install Omni, and feel like I'm in audio heaven.
    Thanks Frank

You guys make it sound as if Omni works like a dream only in Apple computers. Many many are using PCs and have Omni running like a dream.
    Just so you know.
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Agree, I don't have problems currently.

Quote Originally Posted by yairhol View Post
    You guys make it sound as if Omni works like a dream only in Apple computers. Many many are using PCs and have Omni running like a dream.
    Just so you know.
    Tobias
    San Diego, CA
    USA

I agree too. I never had any problems on XP, nor I have now on Win 7 64 bit.
    NorthernSounds.NET.
    View my profile at NorthernSounds.net
    and visit my homesite: www.henrykiwan.com

I have XP, no problems with Omnisphere

Well i had the same problems last year I am on Macbookpro 4 gig latest osx and seriously had all these problems aswell After some updates and comms with support they where solved Now the automations gave many problems i opened a thread any help is welcome

Go Back to forum