• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Death and Angels

Share/Bookmark

Death and Angels

Hello again,
    Today I am posting Death and Angels.mp3 from the Kabul Suite. Although I will likely post the remaining parts of my Suite in the coming weeks, Death and Angels is the final movement. "Through a glass, darkly".

Best regards!
    sd cisco

Re: Death and Angels

That is Great SD.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

Hello sd cisco:

Very, very impressive. This sounds quite professional in style, substance, orchestration,development, etc. It is also refreshing to hear the use of scales and varied repetition again. You have, indeed, been around the block a few times.

sos (Steve)

Thank you Aram and Steve! War has not been an easy subject for me to deal with in the Kabul Suite and "Death and Angels" was the worst of the lot because the idea behind it was to take the split-second long moment of death by IED and stretch it out over 7 or 8 minutes by examining each component in an imagined sequence of thought and emotional realization of what is occurring, subjectively speaking. Not a very happy theme for a piece of music, I know, but there you have it. I may not be the only person who has thought about it in a sympathetic manner, but at least I can sort of get it off my chest, I think.
    Thanks again!
    sd cisco

Listening to this reminded me of times back in Nam. As one who has been in a war I appreciate this piece you have done and also what I have heard of the Kabul Suite so far.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

Quote Originally Posted by Hippie View Post
    Listening to this reminded me of times back in Nam. As one who has been in a war I appreciate this piece you have done and also what I have heard of the Kabul Suite so far.
    Thank you Aram, you are most welcome! I know it's not exactly "In Flanders Fields" or anything, but, in one sense, it shares a similar intent by being, for me at least, in sympathy with the fallen.

Kind regards,
    sd cisco

sd cisco,

I had the joy of listening to this fine composition while preparing one of my own for posting.

The gradual inclusion of new thematic and rhythmic elements towards the end is thrilling, as is your use of chromaticism.

This work, reminiscent of Schoenberg's Verklärte Nacht, is powerful and riveting!

Thank you for posting!

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Damon View Post
    sd cisco,

I had the joy of listening to this fine composition while preparing one of my own for posting.

The gradual inclusion of new thematic and rhythmic elements towards the end is thrilling, as is your use of chromaticism.

This work, reminiscent of Schoenberg's Verklärte Nacht, is powerful and riveting!

Thank you for posting!

Sean
    Hello there Sean!
    Thank you for your remarks and for taking the time to listen to this piece.
    Also, thank you for the comparison to Schoenberg, I exposed myself to his music, along with that of his disciples, when I was a youth, and at first, was so taken aback by his radical use of the chromatic scale that I wondered how palatable able such music could be to general audiences.
    However, as time went on, his ideas became integrated into musical culture, and today there are many examples extant of "Post - 12 tone era " music, wherein one can hear his influence clearly.
    Thank you again for your thoughtful and complimentary reply, it is appreciated, especially since I was a bit apprehensive about posting this piece, given it's content and nature.
    Take care, and BTW - I haven't been able to find an active post by you of your work anywhere on these pages, just glowing remarks on them - which have whetted my appetite - when will you post again?, or, is there somewhere I can go to hear some of your work?
    Best regards,
    sd cisco

sd cisco,

I have placed your mp3 in my "Favorites from Garritan Community" file.

I will be posting my latest render later today or early tomorrow.

Take care,

Sean Damon

This really captures the imagination, full of intriguing motives and melodies. It is truly an imaginative piece of work. I enjoyed listening to this very much.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast