• Register
  • Help

Topic: question regarding gpo4

Share/Bookmark

question regarding gpo4

Hi there, this may sound like an idiot question, so feel free to laugh... Anyway, I've had the original GPO and am happy with it... It is not something that i always use, but I've used sounds from it on projects now and then... So, my question is, are the sounds in GPO4 that better sounding or different than GPO1? What are the advantages if you're just using sounds here and there?

Lightbulb Re: question regarding gpo4

Quote Originally Posted by tradivoro View Post
    Hi there, this may sound like an idiot question, so feel free to laugh... Anyway, I've had the original GPO and am happy with it... It is not something that i always use, but I've used sounds from it on projects now and then... So, my question is, are the sounds in GPO4 that better sounding or different than GPO1? What are the advantages if you're just using sounds here and there?
    This is not an Idiot question, even if you may find all the answers already in other previous threads.

i summarize it for you.
    - the real change is the player, that is ARIA instead of Kontakt

- both the players in the last version have equally good sound and features.

- ARIA is very light and optimized so is faster in loading sounds and is very effective from a performance point of view. (Kontakt is designed to be a powerful immense sampler, so it makes unbelievable things, but it's slower and heavy)

- in GPO4 you find some new sounds (the SAM Brass version of Trumpet, Trombone, horn and tuba): even if it's something that improve the product due to some weakness of previous brasses compared to other sections and other solos, this is not really something you can't live without..:P This is just a little improvement, but still very basic in my humble opinion.

- ARIA has a new feature for optimizing the stereo image of the sound: with a knob you may assign more or less "depth" (as if the instrument was more inside or more on front in the stage), so early reflections delay and PAN intensity is changed authomatically. This feature make more realistic the panning of instruments, using the built in Ambience reverb for instance.

The price for the Upgrade if you are a registered GPO user is fair IMHO, so I did the update even if it's not a sound revolution.

I'm very happy of the performances of 64b ARIA in my 64bit Vista system.

Re: question regarding gpo4

Thanks Fabio for your reply, I will consider the upgrade option... I imagine if I ever work with some notation program, this would probably be the most practical program for a sound source...

Go Back to forum