• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: JABB/Marching Band Aria

Share/Bookmark

JABB/Marching Band Aria

Hi,

I just upgraded to GPO4 and I'm quite impress with the plugin as well as the playability/sound upgrade it got. Anybody knows if we are to expect such a sound upgrade on JABB and/or Marching Band as well when release???

Thanks.

Re: JABB/Marching Band Aria

Gary made an announcement that ports of JABB and CoMB would happen. I wouldn't begin to speculate on a timeframe, however.

Reegs

Reegs is right. We are putting them in the ARIA player and we're making good progress. It's going very well. I won't commit to a specific time (recovering NEWT-aholic) but I can say it will be sooner than later.

~Gary

Glad to read that all is going with with formatting the JABB library for the Aria Player. Good things come in good time.

Just one question, and please forgive me for "being out of loop" regarding this matter. Just what is this "NEWT" thing all about?!?!? I am sure I missed some historic postings on this bulletin board that would probably explain the whole "NEWT" thing. But, what's it all about???

Cheers. . .

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by efiebke View Post
    Just one question, and please forgive me for "being out of loop" regarding this matter. Just what is this "NEWT" thing all about?!?!? I am sure I missed some historic postings on this bulletin board that would probably explain the whole "NEWT" thing. But, what's it all about???
    Hi Ted,

I discovered being a software company was a complex thing and delays/Murphy's Law seem to go with the turf. It seems I suffered from NEWT Syndrome (Never Ending Wishful Thinking).

A few months back people naturally wanted GPO4 The Updates to the Updates were only raising undue expectations as GPO4 was later than expected. Some no longer wanted peioedic updates to updates, nor transparancy regarding our journey, they just wanted product. In light of this, and realizing I had a NEWT problem, we decided to change our policy.

Our new policy is to now announce produccts after their release. I'll soon get around to making a proper official announcement regarding GPO4.

That's NEWT in a nutshell. I admitted publicly I had a NEWT problem and am recovering. Below is the original post.
    ~Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post
    Writing these periodic updates can sure be emotional. I am coming down from the high thinking that things are going to be different this time and libraries would be timelier. No matter how close I think we are there's always something. Trying to figure out release dates seems like drawing tarot cards. I even consulted with Swami the Mystical Psychic Fortune Teller (call 555-SWAMI to set up an appointment) to concoct an ancient "make-the-libraries-come-sooner" potion (made with eye of NEWT).

But I seem to never learn. With the bittersweet (and surprisingly chicken-like) taste of defeat, I am here at the forum to state things may be a little later than expected (time to throw giant tomatos/tomatoes at me - go ahead and take your best shot at me --> http://thedunktank.com/v.php?id=d6c1...c96391c0179465

To further the process of easing my guilt-ridden mind, I publicly confess my weakness - I suffer from NEWT Syndrome (Never Ending Wishful Thinking).

It's a rare disease, but not fatal, and I am seeking professional help (my masseuse is a licensed NEWT therapist). Some things are long overdue and my therapist says I must admit that my problem has become unmanageable and seek your understanding. After a therapy session and recovering from the deep sense of remorse, I must collect my faculties and take a fearless inventory:

GPO ARIA - delayed slightly "imminent" obstication

I did write that GPO ARIA updates will be available "soon" after the NAMM show. I am not going to make excuses as to how soon “soon” is. We ran into a few minor caveats (like glitches but fancier sounding) and we made the decision to add a few features. Tom wants to add some cc manifold thruster thingy, David finds that ProTools 8 blew up an ARIA component, Jeff notices an anomaly with the sample-space continuum, and Tony complains there are no banjo samples.

In addition to fixing a few things we are adding a spatial enhancer to ARIA, a few more sounds and scala file import. We have also made some under-the-hood optimizations to ARIA. After GPO we will bring JABB and COMB over to ARIA.

How far are we? If I state a date I would not have learned, would I? It would be a quick and shameful relapse. I have now turned my life over to a higher time schedule.

But I feel the urge coming on to say a time. No...don't do it Gary!

-- - just a few more imminent weeks for the ARIA updated version --

Darn! - back to my old habit. For this transgression I must now initiate a form of flogging myself with spaghetti while sobbing uncontrollably.

Oooooh! So THAT'S "NEWT"!

Cool!

Mr. Gary. You ain't be the only one with a policy of not posting possible dates for new products and upgrades. Just the other day Apple put forth its new versions of Logic and Final Cut Pro. I think these new product versions by Apple were a surprise for everyone. It sure was a surprise for me!

Like I said before, good things come in good time. You're GPO4 library with the Aria Player is a fine product!! So, Happy Non-NEWTING, Mr. Gary!

Cheers!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

I work for a software company myself so I totally understand your challenges

However, I wasn't looking more for an ETA than any information about if we can expect a sound quality uplifting for both library as we did for GPO4... any third party inclusion or new sampled instruments....

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post
    Reegs is right. We are putting them in the ARIA player and we're making good progress. It's going very well. I won't commit to a specific time (recovering NEWT-aholic) but I can say it will be sooner than later.

~Gary
    I'm still waiting to hear if the upgrades for JABB & CAMB will each be a paid upgrade. Once we've upgraded with GPO4 to the Aria player, are we going to be charged again for the same player upgrade?

Jeff

I agree. A $50 upgrade in addition to GPO4's $50 price hardly seems fair unless the libraries have some substantial new samples, such as GPO4's SAM Brass samples.

of course, if they are the SAME Sam sounds as are in GPO4, it doesnt make a lot of sense to get a new library...maybe that elusive banjo sample will be added to JABB

Go Back to forum