• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt Reverb question

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt Reverb question

Sometime ago someone (DPDan?) posted how to set up the reverb in the Kontakt player. The problem I'm running into is I'm working on music for concert band in Finale 2009. I can use Aria for most of the instruments with it's wonderful Ambience and stereo reverb, but I still have to fall on Kontakt player for instruments like saxes and euphoniums. I've looked through the posts but can't seem to find where this was posted. If one of you could link me up to that original post I would really appreciate it. Aside from that I've had no problems whatsoever with Aria. It's been fantastic!

Gary A.
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Red face Re: Kontakt Reverb question

Finale 2009 has a slot for Garritan Ambience plugin, that will be receiving audio fromm all the VST slots.

So if you keep dry both ARIA and Kontakt, the reverb will be Ambience for all. (activate it with the little check botton in the lower left corner of VST management window)

Otherwise you may use the reverb of Kontakt and Aria separately, and mix it together, but in my humble opinion it will produce different space, and so questionable audio mix: the first one is the best way in Finale 2009.

If you mind updating to 2010, it will be possible to use any kind of VST effects as in a sequencer. (if you use and own convolutions reverb like Altiverb or simply SIR for instance it will be possible using it in FINALE 2010).

Re: Kontakt Reverb question

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    Finale 2009 has a slot for Garritan Ambiance plugin, that will be receiving audio from all the VST slots.

So if you keep dry both ARIA and Kontakt, the reverb will be Ambience for all. (activate it with the little check botton in the lower left corner of VST management window)
    Good Morning, Fabio (it's morning here)!

Originally I was using only the Ambiance plug-in that is part of Finale 2009, but I switched to the one that came with Aria because it sounded so much better IMO. I have not tried to use the Finale Ambiance and the one with Aria together. I was concerned with how the Ambiance with Finale would sound mixed with Aria's. I'll check that it later today.

I've thought about upgrading to Finale 2010, especially to overcome that annoying Playback bug that Make Music has never addressed in the '09 version, but other than that I couldn't justify the expense for the upgrade (money is tight right now). However, I may give it more thought. Thanks!

Gary A.

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Re: Kontakt/Aria Reverb question - continued!

OK, I tried Fabio's suggestions, but what you end up with is Ambiance filtering all the sounds twice, including the new Aria sounds (no matter how dry you set them) and it doesn't sound very good. You basically have two Ambiances competing with each other. If I click off the Ambiance in the VST management window the sound with Aria is wonderful, but the sounds from Kontakt is dry and lifeless. I would much rather not resort to using only the Ambiance set up in the VST management window as it just doesn't sound as good as Arias. Anybody out there remember where on this forum the procedure was posted on how to set the reverb up in Kontakt? It was written in easy layman's terms and was simple to impliment, but I can't for the life of me remember how (nor can I find the copy I made of it in my mini-studio). Thank you to anyone who can help!

Gary A.

Re: Kontakt Reverb question

Try this link out which is one of the articles on the Garritan Wiki. It applies to convolution reverb inside Kontakt but might answer some of your questions about using reverb as well.

Hope that helps.

Steve Winkler

Go Back to forum