• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Spectrasonics sample library question

Share/Bookmark

Spectrasonics sample library question

Does anybody know of any updates that will be coming for the sample libraries?
    MacBook Pro 17-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB memory Mac OS X (10.6.2) Logic Pro 9, G-Tech Raid 2 1TB/Lacie HD, RME Fireface 400, Axiom 25, Voices Of Passion, Goliath, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Chiors, Silk, R.A., Storm Drums 2, Stylus RMX, Peak Pro,Trilian, and Omnisphere.

www.plusishiphop.com
    www.myspace.com/plusishiphop
    www.twitter.com/plusishiphop
    www.youtube.com/plusishiphop

Re: Spectrasonics sample library question

No and I don't think (and I'm sure Eric will correct me if I'm wrong) that sample Libraries are the future of Spectrasonics.

I think all there new material will be incorporated into STEAM or SAGE engines rather than a straight forward sample library - and almost 99.9999% certain no AKAI libraries will be made ;-)

Best

Tim

It is a shame really. These libraries are great and it would be good to have seen them in Kontakt 2/3 or EXS24 formats. Though of course they can be converted..
    www.sounds-and-images.co.uk

And now also at Flickr!

http://flickr.com/photos/sounds-and-images/

www.myspace.com/simonfielder

NorthernSounds.NET.
    View Simon Fielder's Profile at NorthernSounds.net

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kiel View Post
    No and I don't think (and I'm sure Eric will correct me if I'm wrong) that sample Libraries are the future of Spectrasonics.

I think all there new material will be incorporated into STEAM or SAGE engines rather than a straight forward sample library - and almost 99.9999% certain no AKAI libraries will be made ;-)

Best

Tim
    Thats what I thought. Do you have any of the libraries? I hope they redo them and make them a add on to Omini...
    MacBook Pro 17-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB memory Mac OS X (10.6.2) Logic Pro 9, G-Tech Raid 2 1TB/Lacie HD, RME Fireface 400, Axiom 25, Voices Of Passion, Goliath, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Chiors, Silk, R.A., Storm Drums 2, Stylus RMX, Peak Pro,Trilian, and Omnisphere.

www.plusishiphop.com

I have Symphony of Voices. It imported absolutely fine into Kontakt.

But, of course, they were originally programmed in a day when samplers had a maximum of 32MB RAM, so the patches tend to contain a single dynamic, of a single voice (although I think there were some velocity patches). It takes some work to build useful patches, but the great sound they got makes it well worth salvaging the library.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Plus View Post
    Thats what I thought. Do you have any of the libraries? I hope they redo them and make them a add on to Omini...
    I hope that too, very much. To be precise, what I would like them to do is make them available in Omnisphere format, I mean the stuff that's currently still missing. It would be great if the rest of content (including all the phrases) was available as an additional download, sort of an "upgrade to full content", and I'm fine if I have to pay for such upgrade. I mean it's absolutely fantastic that so much of those old libraries is already there, for free (!!) but I'd love to have a possibility to buy the rest, especially that currently there's almost nothing from Heart of Africa and Asia. And yes, I miss the missing phrases ;]
    NorthernSounds.NET.
    View my profile at NorthernSounds.net
    and visit my homesite: www.henrykiwan.com

There haven't been any new sample libraries produced from Spectrasonics in nearly 10 years....that should tell you something. :-)

We still sell them as legacy products for those that still need them. But that won't last forever.

All of the sample libraries have been migrating to the Spectrasonics Virtual Instruments during that last decade.

Currently, virtually all of the groove-based material has been ported to Stylus RMX platform and almost all of the playable sample library material has already migrated to Omnisphere. In many cases, we have also remastered and included unreleased versions of the sample library sessions within Omnisphere....there's so much stuff in the Omnisphere core library, most people have no idea!

http://www.spectrasonics.net/instrum...nd_library.php

It makes by far the most economic sense to purchase Omnisphere, RMX or Trilian instead of the older sample libraries (since they are extremely limited and have no upgrade paths). You get far more by purchasing Omnisphere than you will ever get from the sample libraries. Omnisphere will be growing and growing over the next decade and beyond.

The phrase material from the sample libraries has not yet migrated....but the plan is that everything we have released will hopefully make it's way to the SAGE or STEAM platform at a point where it makes sense to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    There haven't been any new sample libraries produced from Spectrasonics in nearly 10 years....that should tell you something. :-)

We still sell them as legacy products for those that still need them. But that won't last forever.

All of the sample libraries have been migrating to the Spectrasonics Virtual Instruments during that last decade.

Currently, virtually all of the groove-based material has been ported to Stylus RMX platform and almost all of the playable sample library material has already migrated to Omnisphere. In many cases, we have also remastered and included unreleased versions of the sample library sessions within Omnisphere....there's so much stuff in the Omnisphere core library, most people have no idea!

http://www.spectrasonics.net/instrum...nd_library.php

It makes by far the most economic sense to purchase Omnisphere, RMX or Trilian instead of the older sample libraries (since they are extremely limited and have no upgrade paths). You get far more by purchasing Omnisphere than you will ever get from the sample libraries. Omnisphere will be growing and growing over the next decade and beyond.

The phrase material from the sample libraries has not yet migrated....but the plan is that everything we have released will hopefully make it's way to the SAGE or STEAM platform at a point where it makes sense to do so.
    Eric,

does this mean that you never will produce a sample library?

That would be very sad!
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

It doesn't seem like they are. Which Im fine with me as long as they create new ones that work with Ominisphere and move the old libraries to Ominisphere. I think that would be awsome...

www.plusishiphop.com

Quote Originally Posted by germancomponist View Post
    Eric,

does this mean that you never will produce a sample library?

That would be very sad!
    That shouldn't be news to anyone. We made this announcement in 2002 when we introduced the Spectrasonics virtual instruments. (of course it's the same situation with many producers like EW, VSL, Garritan and many others)

We got out of sample library production a long time ago to focus all our sample development for our instruments.

For our vision, Sample libraries are far too limiting. We can do so much more within the realm of VIs. Stylus RMX, Omnisphere and Trilian are excellent examples of what we can do when we can design the entire experience and aren't limited by another manufacturer's playback engine.

Don't get the wrong idea though, we have TONS of amazing new sounds we are developing for you guys, just without the limitations and problems of generic sample libraries.

Go Back to forum