• Register
  • Help

Topic: Where To Save GPO?

Share/Bookmark

Where To Save GPO?

I'm re-installing GPO on my Mac since I've formatted my HD for personal reasons but I wanted to ask where do you normally save GPO on the HD? I know it doesn't matter but I prefer to keep things organised and there are a lot of folders on the Mac that can be used for app support etc. What folder do you save GPO in?

EDIT: I'm referring to the sample library and not the Kontakt 3 player as this has a default file location whereas the library doesn't.

Re: Where To Save GPO?

Quote Originally Posted by thethomas View Post
    I'm re-installing GPO on my Mac since I've formatted my HD for personal reasons but I wanted to ask where do you normally save GPO on the HD? I know it doesn't matter but I prefer to keep things organised and there are a lot of folders on the Mac that can be used for app support etc. What folder do you save GPO in?

EDIT: I'm referring to the sample library and not the Kontakt 3 player as this has a default file location whereas the library doesn't.
    Hello thethomas,

I use the PC so am not familiar with the Mac. I really just called by to welcome you to our forums.

I'm surprised that the Mac GPO library doesn't have a default install path as my first response would have been to suggest that you just follow the default install.

I hope some of our community Mac users reply for you. (I'd be interested to know as well. )

Just to mention that your type in your message seems quite small. Perhaps it could be a little larger.

Good luck.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Sorry. As a web designer I've become acustomed to using smaller fonts. If it's a problem just zoom in. Thanks for your response. This is one of the few forums I've been on that the majority of members are really nice and helpful people.

Hi Thomas,

Kontakt Player 3? Are you downloading the KP3.5 from Native Instruments? I haven't done that yet. If you're looking for a place to install the samples (monolith nks files, instrument definition files, etc), you can pretty much put them anywhere on your system, so long as you point the Kontakt Player to them and the hierarchy of sample monoliths and ensemble/instrument folders is preserved. Might I suggest in a Garritan folder under the Apps directory?

GPO has recently been updated to the ARIA player, which includes a lot of enhancements that are visible and under the hood. It's a $49 upgrade for registered users and something you might also want to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by thethomas View Post

Hello thethomas,
    I'll respond since I am a fellow Mac user. A good practice is to have the OS on one drive (internal, default drive of course) projects on another drive (another partition on the same drive as the OS doesn't count!) and samples on yet a third drive. For me, this means a firewire 800 connected Glyph drive. I have all of my samples on external drives. (I'm on an iMac so I don't really have much of a choice when it comes to using external drives.) If you are on a Mac Pro you can use a separate internal drive. Everything else other than the library can go to their default locations on the OS drive.

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Go Back to forum